*please help: Gps*

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by rtesoro, Jul 17, 2009.

1. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

@ aix: Yes, I tried everything. What CellZealot posted seems to be (of course) correct. Mgmaps just does not 'see' the gps on the nap, no way no how.

@ cellzealot: Thanks for your post. It confirms that I'm sol.
  2. djalil

djalil New Member

3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

4. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

5. Jared234

Jared234 New Member

Has anyone managed to turn the beeps off on this program?
    When it starts up and shuts down it beeps incredibly loud, and its really annoying.
  6. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Yea that is for sure one annoying thing with TGPS. And no I have not figured out how to get it turned off.

Side note I got another decent program passed along to me also to test. GPSed and it works pretty well also IMO.

http://gpsed.com/
  7. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

This is one reason why I only use trakr instead of TGPS. The other reason is that trakr gives me some sort of status/results as to the grabbing of the sats. TGPS just sits there. Trakr! gives me "connecting to device" and then "waiting for signal" and then either "OK" or "poor signal" or whatever.

@ CellZealot: Hope you might still monitor this thread, do you think that if I use a BT GPS receiver, I could then get MGMaps to work? I'm watching this one here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200331277594&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thx.
  8. djalil

djalil New Member

i've installed those applications, what i must do next?? how i can save the tarkr? i absolutaly didn't understand what it is, explain me please !
    in the mode CDMA i can't recieve the data, only in GSM, it not bothers to me
  9. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

I don't understand what you are asking.

Once you have the program installed on the device go in and run it. The software is pretty easy to use and figure out. Make sure you ran the GPS unlock file though otherwise no mater what you do GPS will not work right.

also you need to get data working in cdma mode or you are going to have other issues also with GPS.
  10. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

@teddy: No I don't think any java based apps can access any GPS without the location JSR present, whether it's internal or a BT receiver.
  11. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

:016:upset Bummer, but it is what I suspected, because for every scenario, MGMaps would say ". . . not available on this device".

Thanks a bunch, saved me spending $25 to try something that wouldn't have worked anyways.
  12. Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took New Member

I tried the unlock gps cab and it said that it was not compatible with my device (firmware 1.31). Is this normal?

I went ahead and installed anyway and it rebooted the phone. I have the phone set to CDMA and GPS to Location On. I can't get a location in either Bing (Live Search) or Google, but I don't have the phone activated yet either.

WNRussell showed he had a GPS fix while he was on a remote island, and so I thought I wouldn't need service. Ideas?

(TIA)
  13. manbat

manbat Active Member

The first lock can take a long time.....10 minutes or more....It will be quicker after that. TGPS will get a quicker lock that GMM or Bing\WLS.
  14. Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took New Member

Update: I did a hard reset and then re-installed the null gps cab to the device memory (instead of the storage card). It still gave the incompatibility warning. Then fired up Bing, told the phone where it was, and left the phone by the window trying to find satellites. When I came back it had acquired a fix and google maps is working too.

Now I just need to get the maps into storage so it doesn't need the phone to update them constantly.
  15. manbat

manbat Active Member

There is a program called NoniGPSPlot. It will allow using saved maps.....I played with it a little. I don't think you can use it for directions though.
  16. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

17. manbat

manbat Active Member

Bluetooth GPS

It worked on my Q9m/c with a bluetooth GPS receiver. Got a quick fix and had a sat location display.