Plastic Holster needs to be explained!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by HeyRobi, May 6, 2007.

1. HeyRobi

HeyRobi New Member

Plastic Holster needs to be explained!

How come on the plastic holster the phone faces outward? I know it makes sense that you can see the screen but doesnt it make more sense to protect the screen? Plus everytime I go to put it on my belt or take it off I get fingerprints all over the screen! I ordered the other one on here that it faces inward but Why do people like it facing outward am I missing a benefit??

HeyRobi
  2. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Backward Holster?

I think you're putting the phone in backward. The holster that came with my Verizon Q has the screen facing toward my body. While the Q will fit in the holster the other way (and some people prefer that so they can see the screen), I think you'll find the fit is better if you turn the Q around. :wink:

Steve

P.S. You can delete your duplicate post. Just edit it, click the Delete button, click the Delete Message radio button, then click the Delete this Message button.
  3. HeyRobi

HeyRobi New Member

4. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Holster

Ah, you didn't say that you bought a third-party holster. That's kind of an important detail. :wink:

I agree that it does seem rather dumb. They say it protects the Q from scratches, but I'd rather protect the screen from scratches than the back.

I wondered whether you could, but didn't want to create a junk post just to try it (especially if I couldn't delete it). :laugh2:

Did you try reporting that post so the moderators will see it? I just did that, so I hope that works.

Steve
  5. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

I am using the EverythingQ Store holster (which faces the display out) to clip to my car visor. That way I have access to the buttons.
  6. HeyRobi

HeyRobi New Member

Thats a good idea! I might have to do that! I am starting to get used to it now and kinda like it! I am nervous about bumping into something and scratching it or even breaking it!
  7. ashoush

ashoush New Member

can someone confirm that the motorola plastice holster allows you to carry the Q facing towards your body. I would like to get this but do not want the Q to face outward.
  8. john1_83

john1_83 New Member

Just an FYI

If you have the Black Q, you can use the OEM clip for the Silver Q. The people at verizon say that it will not work, but they are full of it. It seems that they are under the impression that the rubberized coating on the Black Q makes it larger even though it does not. I have to Black Q and had to go in and have them order the clip for me. The guy mentioned that they had a nicely bolded note in their system that the clip didn't work with the black Q, but he handed me the clip from his silver q and asked me to try it. It worked. I have seen other threads where people are saying that some of the clips in the EQ store cause additional wear on the area around the phone's camera, but i can state as a fact that the OEM clip does not cause any undue wear, in fact it doesn't leave any marks what so ever. The OEM clip is $19.99 through any Verizon store.

Also the OEM clip is made to hold the phone with the screen IN, but if you are using the standard battery you can also place it in the clip with the face out, it is just not as secure.
  9. theicepelican

theicepelican New Member

the holster that comes IN THE BOX is one designed for the q to be facing inwards (which would be screen towards the clip/your body"
  10. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Black Q and Holsters

I thought they said not to use the holster (and the cradle) because it would ruin the rubberized coating, especially at the corners of the Q where there's contact.

If your corners still look OK, that's great.

Steve
  11. theicepelican

theicepelican New Member

the holster messed up the corners on one of my older Qs... it was a silver one too... it scratched the bottoms right off down to the white plastic :frown:

so it looks like there might be no way around it
  12. john1_83

john1_83 New Member

Actually I have both the cradle and the OEM clip. and other than the two dings from where i have accidentally dropped my Q it is in top condition. And that's after 2 months using the clip and cradle. It may not seem like a long time, but with as often as I take it out of the clip (about every 5 minutes) there are still no marks from it on the phone.