PIM/Organizer "which one" type question

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by supahrob, May 17, 2008.

1. supahrob

supahrob New Member

PIM/Organizer "which one" type question

Heya everyone!

OK, so I am hoping to install a new calendar/to-do list/contacts replacement program on my q9m. I see that there are 3 here (maybe more, but I saw 3). Extreme Agenda, Papyrus, and Agenda One.

Now, I am not a business type person, I use the q9m's organization features for personal help on keeping my schedule straight with family, church functions, etc.

Also, most (well over 95%) of my scheduling and such is done directly in Outlook on my PC, and sync'd over to my phone. So complete and reliable compatibility with Outlook is a MUST.

So out of these 3 (Extreme Agenda, Papyrus and Agenda One) - which one would give me the most "bang for my buck"? I like bells and whistles and such - so I think Agenda One looks pretty nice - but I haven't used any so far.

I would be willing to try the trial versions... but I am a little concerned with what happens when the trial is over... does everything revert back to how my phone was before - or do I need to redo things or?

Take care,
    Rob
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i use Extrrme Agenda and its great... but i heard good things about the other 2, different folks like different apps. never had the trial expire but i don't think it would do "bad" things when it expire.

trying the trials is the best way to go.

potQ.
  3. cindra

cindra Active Member

I use Agenda One and adore it. Once tweaked, I find it's easier to add appointments on my Q directly than from Outlook!

All of the programs you mentioned use the built-in calendar as their starting point, so if you uninstall, all your appointments, contacts, and tasks are still there; you just go back to the calendar application that now exists.

Use the trials...to each his own, and one will surely be "the one" for you! :smile:
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

my vote for extreme agenda
  5. just to confuse you, I went with Papyrus, plus it has a cool name.
    Very stable app. You cannot go wrong with any of these.
  6. WVOz1970

WVOz1970 New Member

I'm looking at moving to one of these as well. I really want a plug in that will place my task list on my home screen as well as my calendar. I use FizzTraveler and I really like how it integrates into my home screen.

Any suggestions on which of these handles task list better? I'll probably give them each a try, but I'm always open to reviews.
  7. Facade is a program that will put your tasks on your home screen.

You really can't go wrong with any of the pim's in my opnion.
  8. m0m0

m0m0 New Member

Yea, but Facade does not put Tasks & Calendar on the home screen at the same time as WVOz1970 asked.

I have been looking for this as well, but have not found a very neat/clean solution.
  9. WVOz1970

WVOz1970 New Member

I'm going to download Facade to see how it works. If the plugins necessary are separate, perhaps I can design my own homescreen and plug both the calendar AND the tasklist on it?
  10. sure it does.
    depends on your homescreen.
  11. n99hockey

sure it does...
    been using it that way for about a year

like tony said...its how you set it up and what screen you use
    research the software a bit more
  12. spork27

spork27 Member

Another Extreme Agenda user here.

I did the trial of all three that you listed. They all did the things I needed, but the way Extreme Agenda was laid out made the most sense to me.
  13. yep they are all good, its just preference.
    you won't regret which one you purchase IMHO.
  14. phor8

phor8 New Member

PIM for Moto Q/Q9

I have actually used several PIMs over the past few years. I'll note each for you. I currently use Agenda One.

1) Extreme Agenda: very good, very simple to use. It's easy to deal with, but probably good for a business user. Newest version does have Notes. Also has a Wallet for your secure card info.

2) Agendus Professional: great with features, but very slow on the Q. If they could fix the speed issue on the Q, I'd probably go with it.

3) Agenda One: pretty easy to use and lots of features. It's good for users who only desire a simple organizer (PIM) to use. No Notes on the program though.

4) Pocket Informant: lots of features! Easy to customize even ringtones for your contacts, but takes up lots of space! Probably the best one if you are a business user.
  15. n99hockey

why do you say XA is not for business users?
  16. phor8

phor8 New Member

Sorry, but I misquoted myself about XA. I have since corrected it.
  17. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

I thought I might add my 2 cents... as I have used Papyrus, AgendaOne and PocketInformant.
    • Current version of Papyrus is a bit "long in the tooth" but going through a rewrite
    • AgendaOne - everything you might want and very easy to use
    • PocketInformant - again, everything you might want ... and a bit more. It has a very robust feature set; great graphics; very customizable.
    I have both AgendaOne and PocketInformant installed. I am a heavy PIM user and find myself using PocketInformant exclusively.

For me, installation size is a non issue for me as they all install to a storage card.
  18. n99hockey

ah ok gotcha...thanks for clarifying...i use it for business so it confused me:laugh2:
  19. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

There's also Oxios Todo list but that's only to improve on the WM todo program. I've been using that for years.
  20. rogeru

rogeru New Member

A few questions to the users here
    I came from the Palm Pilot world to my Q9h. I find Outlook is ok for email and contacts and todo but t doesnt have everything.

I want a package that will do the usual calendar and contact stuff AND:

Support written notes, both public and private (password protected), and Synchronize them to the Desktop PC

I notice that Extreme Agenda does not back up Notes on the Desktop PC.
    They have a secure Wallet, but they do not say whether that is backed up to the PC.

TIA

R