PIM- Agendus Pocket Informant?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by mseanschmidt, Jun 27, 2006.

1. mseanschmidt

mseanschmidt New Member

PIM- Agendus Pocket Informant?

I've been a long-time Treo user and have always used Agendus for Palm as my PIM. Does anyone know if Agendus Pocket Informant is capatible with the Q running Window Mobile 5?

Also, does anyone have any suggestion for a FULL PIM that can be used on the Q?
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Agendus is a hard act to follow. Here are some PIM's available for WM 5 smartphone:
    Extreme Agenda
    Power Calendar

Agenda Fusion is coming. From what I've read Pocket Informant is not -- just yet at least.

Hope this helps...
    -Chris
  3. mseanschmidt

mseanschmidt New Member

Based on your reply, do you think Agendus Pocket Informant is the best PIM available? When both Pocket Informant & Agenda Fusion are available for Smartphones, which do you think is better?
  4. chris

I haven't used either, so I cannot comment from personal experience. Agenda Fusion has received great reviews, but then again so has Pocket Informant. It sounds as if your choice will be made easier, because there are no plans (that I know of) for Pocket Informant to support WM 5 smartphone. It only supports WM 5 PocketPC w/ touch screen.

With any software, I always recommend you take advantage of the free trials. Try before you buy..Wink

-Chris
  5. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Hi All,
    Just some input from someone real close to this particular market. Power Calendar right now doesnt support the Q. Supposedly it is coming, though in the past they have not really gone all out for Smartphone so Ill be surprised if they do now (and bring the full Agenda Fusion to the SP).

WebIs(Pocket Informant) sounds like they are just going to re-brand another existing product out there so no real PI will make its way either...

And we are working to bring the first complete PIM to the Smartphones and especially the Motorola Q, eXtreme Agenda. We have the #3 PIM for Pocket PC's Ulti-Planner, (we entered the market a little late), so we dont want to make the same mistake twice, and plan on quickly taking over the #1 spot for you guys.. Here's a quick sneak peak at one of the features that will be released in the next couple weeks.

[​IMG]

Our development is all customer driven, so features you dont see and want you can shoot us an email (or when we get our forums fixed, our web host is working on it, you can give us feeback there..).

And FREE Updates to new versions are available...

So be sure it check it out...

Thanks

http://software.everythingq.com/product.asp?id=6835
  6. mseanschmidt

mseanschmidt New Member

Birdsoft,

When you say eXtreme Agenda is the only "complete" PIM on the market for a smartphone....does that mean it gives calendar, tasks, contacts and notes/memo functionality as Adendus does for the Palm OS? I just downloaded the FREE trial. I'll let you know what I think....
  7. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

It is not quite a "complete PIM" until we do Contacts but does do Schedule and Tasks, and obviously will do Contacts and some other cool things in the next release in the next week to 2 weeks. We are looking into doing notes as well, but want to get the main 3 handled first.
  8. chris

We actually have a section specifically for developers here at EQ. I'm not sure how many questions you'd receive, but as a developer that is optimizing software for the Q, I wouldn't mind adding a category for you to interact with Q owners here at EQ. I would ask that someone from Birdsoft stop by daily to see if there are any questions.

Just a thought...

-Chris
  9. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Thanks for the offer, but I would rather have most of the main tech support/correspondence in one place so there is one central place to look.
    (now if my web host would get mine fixed, its a small little company, called Y___o)

I will definitely be checking out the forums here on a regular basis though..

Thanks