Picture Mail MMS?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by CumulusWI, Jan 24, 2007.

1. D-Easy

D-Easy New Member

I was trying gmail, then sprint, then aol. the only one that seems to come close to working is the aol.
  2. burnass

burnass New Member

sender info??

So I have the email client setup and everything works. Only issue is when I test it by sending myself a picture mail, the Q gets a SMS from Sprint tells me an "Unknown Sender" sent me an picture mail with a link to retrieve it. When I look at the header of the mail at PCS website, it shows the email name and email email address. I tried to spoof it by puttin my phone number, i.e. (123)456-7890 or 1234567890, but it still shows "Unknown Sender", even I already have the number in their contact. But when a person using a phone to send me a picture mail, I can see the phone number in the SMS message. Anybody knows how to fix it?

Basiclly I want to send picture mail to ppl and when they hit reply, they will picture mail back to my phone, not my email address. And when I send a picture mail to another Q user, he/she will see my info before clicking the SMS link.
  3. mbaday

mbaday New Member

hi, i guess i have an easy solution for this problem with the picture and the moto Q

i was looking4 an easy way to send pic from my moto Q to other phone and i find this.:laugh2:
    if u have setup an email (like hotmail, yahoo. whatever...) cool gona be more easy, if please setup one and u will send pictures from u phone to other i proms( only one thing i have sprint, i dont know if this gonna work with any other compani)
    no more blablabla ok.

1- GO START

2- MESSAGING

3> SELECT U EMAIL ACCOUNT (HOTMAIL, YAHOO, ETC.....)

4> SELECT THE OPTION NEW

5> IN THE OPTION ( to: ) ENTER THE PHONE# PLUS the carriers LIKE SOMEGUY SHOW BEFORE EXAMPLE( SPRINT > 10digitphone#@pm.sprint.com, VERIZON> 10digitphone#@vzwpix.com, CINGULAR> 10digitphone#@mms.mycingular.com, TMOBILE>10digitphone#@tmomail.net, )

6> GO TO "MENU"

7> INSERT

8> SELECT PICTURE

9> FIND THE PICTURE TO SEND AND PRESS SELECT ( the picture will be attached to the message

10> press send (after you press SEND u will be send to the folder outbox)

11> in the folder outbox, press MENU > Send/receive and guala u will send u picture to another phone .

PSDT: i try this sending one picture to my owne phone and works really good. the only thing is this dont show u phone #, but show u e mail to the receiver.

if u have some questions, this is my e mail mariorene15lopez@yahoo.com
  4. mbaday

mbaday New Member

i was looking4 an easy way to send pic from my moto Q to other phone and i find this.:laugh2:
    if u have setup an email (like hotmail, yahoo. whatever...) cool gona be more easy, if please setup one and u will send pictures from u phone to other i proms( only one thing i have sprint, i dont know if this gonna work with any other compani)
    no more blablabla ok.

1- GO START

2- MESSAGING

3> SELECT U EMAIL ACCOUNT (HOTMAIL, YAHOO, ETC.....)

4> SELECT THE OPTION NEW

5> IN THE OPTION ( to: ) ENTER THE PHONE# PLUS the carriers LIKE SOMEGUY SHOW BEFORE EXAMPLE( SPRINT > 10digitphone#@pm.sprint.com, VERIZON> 10digitphone#@vzwpix.com, CINGULAR> 10digitphone#@mms.mycingular.com, TMOBILE>10digitphone#@tmomail.net, )

6> GO TO "MENU"

7> INSERT

8> SELECT PICTURE

9> FIND THE PICTURE TO SEND AND PRESS SELECT ( the picture will be attached to the message

10> press send (after you press SEND u will be send to the folder outbox)

11> in the folder outbox, press MENU > Send/receive and guala u will send u picture to another phone .

PSDT: i try this sending one picture to my owne phone and works really good. the only thing is this dont show u phone #, but show u e mail to the receiver.

if u have some questions, this is my e mail mariorene15lopez@yahoo.com
  5. dmaldo

dmaldo New Member

keep in mind that you have to set up email password with Sprint. This can be achieved by going to Sprint.com and logging in to your account. Once you do that, go to your Sprint email and put in new password and save settings. That should take care of send/recieve errors.
  6. bozzobrain

bozzobrain New Member

i realize that this thread has not been updated in quite some time but... i'm sure others have found the cab install file that i found that install mms on a different model of sprint phone..i was wondering if there was a way to modify/create one that would be compatible for the Q?
  7. Roger1st

Roger1st New Member

Picture Mail Tip

Thanks for the tip. It works on my Moto Q and Treo 700wx. Goes through in seconds.
  8. toolman157

toolman157 New Member

what am i missing?

i sent picture via email to cricket mms server from my alltel q and it went thru fine. I sent picture to another friend via sprint mms server and it also went through just fine. I sent picture to fellow alltel user using the XXXX@message.alltel.com and it comes up with my name and file description ".img 60 jpeg" They click open message and nothing happens. Why doesnt alltel mms server work. all others work fine. what am i missing?
  9. mdrcoast

mdrcoast New Member

I am glad I found this thread. I was pretty amazed when I took a picture and when trying to send it to my wifes Sprint phone, I found the option to send it through instant messaging grayed out. I can send it through one of my e-mail accounts but I sure miss the convienence of being able to send pics with a couple of clicks.

Sprint sure is not admitting that the function does not work on the Moto Q. Support has been so helpful asking me to remove and replace the battery to fix the problem.

Seems like my old phone send picture mail very well... lol

I can always insert into an e-mail but sheesh, this should work!
  10. dmesey

dmesey New Member

I found the solution,not sure if this has been posted already

Heres the link to this page where SMS pix messaging can be used by downloading this new program. Video messaging cannot be used though. Anyways heres the link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22509
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

there are already a few threads on it here