Picture Mail MMS?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by CumulusWI, Jan 24, 2007.

1. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Sorry. I what I meant to say was incoming server. I haven't gotten an errors on the outgoing server. Dont you need to use sprint server in order for you pictures to come through at all or will they come up as a text message with a link?[/quote]

It worked at lAST.

Thanks to all of you for your help.
  2. crippler19

crippler19 New Member

did you have to set a PCS password?
  3. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Yes. Then I had to go into setting and update my vision profile. Enter the password in the email account setting and it worked.
  4. crippler19

crippler19 New Member

this may be a dumb question but you never know with companies nowadays. you don't need the VisionPack with picture mail to send emails with pics, right? that would all be part of the normal data plan? I removed the VisionPack Plus with picture mail when I found out the normal way of sending a text picture didn't work.
  5. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I woudn't be surprised if you started getting charged for doing it that way. I say its better to have it than not have it. I've been paying the $15 a month for the data pack, since I got my M920 last year. Even though I really didnt need it, but I didnt wanna get stuck with a bill in the long run. :laugh2:
  6. ZATZAi

ZATZAi New Member

It is unfortunate that Sprint disabled MMS on there Q's atleast we can get around it with email, would be nice if someone map an app to do this automatically for us, but it's not too hard to do it manually.

Here's a cleaned up version of the EMAIL-TO-SMS guide by Tha187um, with a couple carriers added, remember to always use the 10-Digit phone number, area code first, then the 7 digit number, but not the country code (I have no idea how to do international SMS/MMS). When people reply to your message it will come back to your email obviously, unless you tell them to respond to your SMS/MMS address...

Alltel: PHONENUMBER@message.alltel.com
    Ameritech (ACS Wireless): PHONENUMBER@paging.acswireless.com
    BellSouth: PHONENUMBER@bellsouth.cl

Boost Mobile: PHONENUMBER@myboostmobile.com
    Cingular: PHONENUMBER@mms.mycingular.com
    Cingular Blue (Formerly AT&T Wireless): number@mmode.com

Nextel: PHONENUMBER@messaging.nextel.com
    Orange: PHONENUMBER@orange.net
    Sprint: PHONENUMBER@pm.sprint.com

T-Mobile: PHONENUMBER@tmomail.net
    T-Mobile (Sidekick Phones): USERNAME@tmail.com
    Telus Mobility: PHONENUMBER@msg.telus.com

Verizon:PHONENUMBER@vzwpix.com
    Virgin Mobile (U.S. Service): PHONENUMBER@vmobl.com
    Virgin Mobile (Canadian Service): PHONENUMBER@vmobile.ca

For more obscure carriers, go to this page... If you have someone you want to frequently send picture mail too, I suggest you find out their phone-email-addreess and add it as one of the email addresses in your contacts.
  7. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Is there a way to get your Sprint email to come through? Not the picturemail, just the regular email account?
  8. dude thanks so much, i know its not exactly wut weve been lookin for but it works!!
  9. asksmity

asksmity New Member

10. cydnie

cydnie New Member

I tried to follow instructions outlined above--but I keep getting password prompts. (I am certain I know my password). After entering it the 2 or 3 times when prompted, I get the screen "An error occured while downloading messages.......". Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
  11. srraguiar

srraguiar New Member

I did not find the email format for my carrier here in Brazil that is the VIVO (CDMA)

Please, help-me

Thanks.
  12. xion

xion New Member

Metro PCS MMS

Metro has two MMS SMTP gateways
    Metro PCS 10digitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com Metro PCS 10digitphonenumber@metropcs.sms.us
    Here is a link to a complete list for most wireless carriers:

http://www.notepage.net/smtp.htm
  13. D-Easy

D-Easy New Member

Ok Ok ok after many tries of different email types and many errors, the only way I can get close to sending an email is to use one of my aol emails. but I still get an error saying "the message couldnt be sent, verifythat you have network coverage and that your account information is correct and try again"

I check everthing, Outgoing server is set at smtp.sprintpcs.com........Please, If anyone knows how to get this up and running let me know.
  14. Tha187um

Tha187um New Member

Thanks...

Thanks to ZatZai and to Xion for the additions to my message...

P.S.

Has anyone tried maybe extracting the feature from the Verizon Q? do you think is more than just a registry hack?
  15. Tha187um

Tha187um New Member

Have you turned on the vision feature?
    Go to Settings, press G(#) 3 times, it will take you to the last page which only has one option, PCS Vision - Press A, Press A again and make sure PCS Vision is enabled.... Click on done and now update vision profile... make sure you have good signal strength when you do this.

make sure you are able to browse the internet... and then setting up an email account is the same as configuring it on outlook.

let me know if you get that far...
  16. D-Easy

D-Easy New Member

did the vision update, but i do not have an outlook email set up.
  17. Tha187um

Tha187um New Member

what email account are you trying to configure on the phone? sprint? do you have all the info ready? (user name and password)
  18. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Is there a way to still uplod your pictures to you picturemail account with Sprint? So that way you will still have the pictures on line.
  19. Tha187um

Tha187um New Member

yeah but not from your phone :( only from the computer...
    well, yes from your phone... send them to yourself... configure your email... then do yourown10digit#@pm.sprint.com

and it will go to your Picture mail account but as if someone else sent it to you, view it and save it to the account... thats about it for now...
  20. Tha187um

Tha187um New Member

Picturemail from unknown...

This is a bit off topic but Im posting it here since is related to MMS... one annoying thing that I have found with the sending picture through email, is that even if you put your phone # or name on the email account you are sending from, the recipient gets... you have picture mail from "unknown" anyone know a fix for this?