Photo Contacts Pro & Phone Alarm - Text Alerts???

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by gqmoto, Jan 3, 2008.

1. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

i got the Beta version a couple of weeks back and it's been running on my original Q with no issues since.

Craig
  2. mexiken

mexiken New Member

FYI, 5.05 was released to the public on Friday. So everybody go get it !!!!
  3. matt1097

matt1097 New Member

I saw this and im excited... though im still waiting to see the official change log to see what other fixes/improvements this release contains
  4. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Yeah I noticed that it hasn't been updated on that log. However I believe in another thread there is a log for it.
  5. bjohanlon

bjohanlon New Member

I have ongoing,w eekly emails with PhotoContacts support. They are VERY aware of the issues with volume with their PhotoContacts Pro for Smartphone software. They are NOT sure if it's the email and SMS text messages that knock the volume down or their notifications. They have sent me 4 different beta versions and ALL failed. I am still using an older version of their software that works flawlessly. I'll let you know if/when they crack the issue(s).
  6. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Why don't you tell them to use the registry hack I have for it that fixes it ???? Or better yet, why don't you try it with one of the new versions ????
  7. jbroses

jbroses New Member

Same problem with Samsung i760

This is somewhat beyond the scope of this site, but I am a former Q owner, so I figured I'd chime in.

I'm having the SAME problems with my new Samsung i760. Profiles work perfectly for all ringers, but don't do ANYTHING for SMS - SMS always defaults to the WM6 system settings. I've emailed PocketX and gotten no replies. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

Jon
  8. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Wait, do you mean that it doesn't vibrate or ring ???? Are you using the latest version, 5.05 ????
  9. jbroses

jbroses New Member

Yes, I'm running the latest version (5.08). Basically, this is the situation:

Profiles for telephone calls - Work perfectly. You can call my phone, and what happens is dictated COMPLETELY by the Photo Contacts settings (Profile is set to Loud, but WM6 system volume is at "Off" - phone will ring loudly and vibrate, disregarding WM6 settings).

Profiles for SMS - Don't work at all. No matter what settings you choose in Photo Contacts, the alert (vibration and/or sound) defaults to the WM6 system settings. In other words, if you have the WM6 system volume set to high, but the Photo Contacts profile set to "Silent", an SMS will vibrate and sound LOUDLY when received. However, a phone call will indeed be truly silent.

Just got a response from PocketX, they sent me the latest Beta (v5.09-BETA12), and they want me to keep them posted to see if this fixes it.
  10. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Theres a 5.08 now ????
  11. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Excatly! I have 5.07 and I thought that I was up to date but even their own website only state 5.05 :wacko:
  12. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Are you sure you're not running the PPC versions ???? Because they're at 5.08
  13. jbroses

jbroses New Member

Ah, yes, I'm running the PPC version, forgot about that. Regardless, their customer service was great, they responded to the problem and had the problem fixed in their next release, and it only took a couple weeks. I'm now having some troubles with WM6.1, but I'm going to try their new 5.09 which was just released. Sorry for the confusions!
  14. thedvsmonkey

thedvsmonkey New Member

Well, I have the ATT Q9H and have PCP v5.05 which I just downloaded from their site. I have every possible setting both with the phone itself and with PCP set to vibrate + ring/sound and my phone will not vibrate for the ringer, sms or email! I sent them an email but have not gotten a response yet. Even though the release notes indicate that this issue was fixed it clearly has not been!

Anyone else still having this problem?