Phone won't send mms/pic messages help

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by reilee, Aug 31, 2008.

1. reilee

reilee New Member

Phone won't send mms/pic messages help

My phone won't send or receive picture messages and sends me two messages back the first:
    Error
    Login error. Ensure that you have the correct login information and try again

the second:
    Alert
    Could not send all the messages

Help, I have tried everything; updating, getting a new phone, it just keeps happening
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

who is your carrier? and which Q do you have?
  3. reilee

reilee New Member

Verizon and it's the 9h...I think
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

verizon has a Q, a Q9c and a Q9m
    first i would try rebooting
    if that doesnt work then you might want to give them a call
  5. reilee

reilee New Member

whatever, i don't know what it is

and i've given them a call...this is my 3rd phone
    all they do is give a new one with the same problem...it's kind of pointless
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

How are you trying to send the messages? Are you sending straight from the camera? How is your e-mail set up?

Verizon is funny about sending messages. If you just had your phone do the automatic set up, it won't work. I will get you the specifics, just get me the info....
  7. reilee

reilee New Member

my email isn't set up?
    i never use it, i think in my first phone it was but it isn't anymore

i'm just trying to send pictures to other people's phones, and it won't work
    i'm confused?
  8. sherri

sherri Active Member

You need to have an account set up to send anything....
  9. reilee

reilee New Member

That doesn't make sense, especially since this is my third phone and my second didn't have an account set up and it sent messages.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

on Verizon you should be able to send picture/mms messages right out of the box... no need to set up email account.
  11. sherri

sherri Active Member

I asked if she was sending directly from the camera (ie: in the camera mode, take a picture and then click "send"). If this us the case, options open on how to send: mms/outlook (which she would need an account set up with)/text/(any other e-mail account you have on phone.)

If you choose mms, then it should work. OP didn't reply as to how they were trying to send the picture, so that is why I guessed it was as an e-mail.

My bad! Sorry, RB...