Phone sent a Text that I DIDN'T Send!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by inflaymes, Aug 14, 2008.

1. inflaymes

inflaymes New Member

Phone sent a Text that I DIDN'T Send!!!

Weird problem. Yesterday my Q sent a text message to my girlfriend that i didn't send! This was a message I received in my Hotmail account that had long since been deleted....and all of a sudden it gets sent to her as SMS text?? HELP!
  2. Boycan

Boycan New Member

I might suggest roses! :smile::laugh2::smile:
  3. inflaymes

inflaymes New Member

has this ever happened to anyone else??
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

happened to me once! I had an email confirmation of the desktop charger I bought from EQ. I got the email and then a few hours later it forwarded it to my sister via sms...which triggered her to buy one! Pretty weird but I notched it up to....Windows Mobile. Just a glitch...

oh...welcome aboard!
  5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Is this at all possibly "user error"?
    I find it a little troubling that the phone would choose a random email and send it to a random contact.

You shoul've heard me when I found my Rumor was sending the wrong photo by email.
  6. inflaymes

inflaymes New Member

No user error here! I was just texting my girlfriend and 5 seconds later she replies "what is this shit?" and forwarded me a message that was just sent to her phone FROM my hotmail account ( a message i sent to someone else) ...a message that had been deleted MONTHS ago!!
  7. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Next question is how this would be possible.
    In the Rumor case if a photo was deleted from the phone, it seems it would have had to been previusly uploaded to Sprint or sent by picturemail previously, that phot could be sent out in place of a later photo. Almost as if there's a database problem.
    Something would have to save that email, unlikely the phone would keep a deleted message that long, then it would have cross over to SMS(?).

What do the two systems have in common?
  8. inflaymes

inflaymes New Member

You got me, but it's scary and leads me to believe that someone could be reading our messages and then sending them..maybe a disgruntled worker at US Cellular?
  9. cindra

cindra Active Member

Is it possible the original recipient forwarded the message to your girlfriend? :whistling
  10. inflaymes

inflaymes New Member

impossible! the other person doesn't know my girlfriend..doesn't even know me! Only knows me from a couple emails.
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I kinda blamed extreme text when mine happened...at the time the phone was acting sluggish and doing weird things too. Not sure but for sure not user error!!

What is even scarier is that your email was supposedly deleted months ago...
  12. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

ok so YOU was using a 3rd party text program(?).
    What were you, original poster, using?
  13. mari0

mari0 New Member

Let anyone play with your phone? :tounge: Also there are ways to send texts without having someones phone, but I don't know about forwarding them. Maybe you did it on accident? Or she forwarded it to herself from the deleted items folder when you werent around? Who knows....I doubt the phone would just randomly do that. Mine one time sent a SMS text over and over...somehow it got stuck in the outbox and it kept sending over and over. It was an original text I sent though, just glitched and the person I was sending it to got it about 20 times haha
  14. inflaymes

inflaymes New Member

nope i didn't send it..I was at work..she was an hour away from me..and no one touches my phone. This phone is about to go out the damn windo as much as it freezes and stuff lately..seems to be getting worse. And yes I added all the stuff to make it run better..don't think that helped.
  15. inflaymes

inflaymes New Member

a Hotmail EMAIL was sent (a deleted one at that..not even in my phone anymore) was sent as sms...with my email and the person I sent it to..their email.) I use hotmail instead of outlook...can't get outlook to work. it was just sent randomly, never happened before, or yet again so far.
  16. Brooklyn81

Brooklyn81 New Member

THIS SAME THING HAS HAPPENED TO ME TWICE NOW!!!

Same situation, too. I had just sent a text to someone & they texted me back - why did you send me a text about a claim? (i'm an insurance agent) In both cases, my phone sent an old outlook email & sent it as an SMS text to the person I had just (intended to) sent a text to. The email my phone sent in today's incident was one that was sent to me back in May!

Since this is the second time I know of this happening to me, I am a little freaked out about the "security" of the contents of my work emails (or anything else I have saved in my Outlook folders)!!

What the heck is going on?!?!
  17. lpm1225

lpm1225 New Member

This happens to me all the time. I am using the built in sms and email. and luckily i only text one friend. but i'll send him and text and he'll get all of these old emails i have long deleted. Then today my wife got a text from my email and i rarely text here.

again, this was a formerly deleted mail. let's face it, these phones are crap. I don't think i'm going to last until my 2 years is up in 8 months. I think my next phone will be a blackberry.
  18. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

I text and email all the time without any problems. Maybe it's your phone. Maybe not...
  19. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Enjoy your blackberry.
    I say i's a network issue. The phone might have something to do with it but I don't think it's the primary problem.
    I could repeat the picture mail issue on my RumorS at will.
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

i didnt want go there, but no problem here and i broke 4 thousand text last month. another persoal best. to me, the only thing that would make that happen is if your email is from your carrier like sprint mail. even that is totaly a different type of an account then text. maybe the emails got stuck in the galaxy and a push email ap was triggered by a text and they get released. who knows.