Phone reallllly slow and freezing....doin weird things...

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by freki, Jan 10, 2009.

1. glstnng319str

glstnng319str New Member

Awesome

Thank you very much for this information. I ador my phone so I was willing to deal with the slowness but it was driving me crazy and you saved my sanity. Thanks!!!
  2. yameen1

yameen1 New Member

Hallelujah! I "sktools" my q9c all the time, and I still got this infuriating lag. This fixed it perfectly. Thanks, saved me from a master reset.
  3. MickyF

MickyF New Member

Just wanted to say Thanks again. I was about to Factory Settings my phone :gasp::frown:

You the man!!! (or woman as the case may be :smile:)
  4. mandajo0502

mandajo0502 New Member

Hey! My phone started doing the same thing as yours all of a sudden. I cleared out all my folders on my test messages. I though I was deleting them but they were all going to a "sent items" folder. So on your text messaging screen go to menu/folders and then delete whatever is in there. Also I found out that there is some kind of bug in the predictive text so I turned that off as well and its been super fast ever since. To turn off the predictive texting go to settings/text input settings/ and uncheck suggest words when typing. Hope this works for you! let me know!! :)
  5. SpectreZ

SpectreZ New Member

My phone has been acting up for about a month now. Doing the same thing that everyone else has been describing...ghost texts, extreme lag and leading to freezing.
    I started an account here to try and figure a way to save my contacts (because Vista + WMDC = suck) in preparation for a RESET TO DEFAULT on my q9c.

Instead I came across this and it seems to have brought my phone back to a functioning status. It's only been one day, but so far so good.
    Thanks!
  6. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

EverythingQ to the rescue again!
  7. Zodiac69

Zodiac69 New Member

So... Yeah

What I did was the registry moving my email to my memory card and the IE to clear up space then I added Dashwire (I save every text always) to ensure I have records. As soon as I cleared the input history is froze my phone AGGRIVATING :angry: however I have not yet let SKTOOLS run all the way through but I have the same issues:

Ghost txt's
    freezing
    having to master reset

This has been happening for about 2 months I'm finally sick of it so lets see what happens after SKS tools.
  8. JMak

JMak New Member

Just did the clear text input...nice.

Couple weeks ago I also was getting the serious lagging, freezing, and missing text in text msgs. I narrowed the problem down to LiveSearch and I narrowed it further to the day that I updated LiveSearch shortly after the transition to Bing.

I did a master reset and thinking that resolved the problem re-loaded Bing only to have the same problems. Master reset, again, and haven't installed Bing and haven't had any of the same problems. Phone flies now...

My $0.02.
  9. Eboni

Eboni New Member

Don't forget compimeh.0409.dat

In addition to clearing your input history, you also will likely need to find your compimeh.0409.dat file (it's what holds all the text inputs) & get rid of it -- it's likely several MBs large at this point.

It's in the Windows directory, as a hidden file. Once you move/rename it, you'll have to do a (warm) reboot - cuz the file is in use & it won't let you delete it. After the reboot, delete your renamed/moved file & you should be golden. WM will recreate another compimeh.0409.dat after the boot.

I had to do both the get my Q back up to speed. Hope that helps!