Phone reallllly slow and freezing....doin weird things...

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by freki, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Ch0ppy35

Ch0ppy35 New Member

HAHAHHAHA

I hate people who say this about computers, phones, video games...NOT TRUE! YOu have got to get SKTools my friend...
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I'm with you on this. I'm still copying down my contacts, pencil keeps breaking, just in case.
  3. Ch0ppy35

Ch0ppy35 New Member

Hahaha(10 char)
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

no need for (10 char) do this
    HaHa .
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

6. itz poly

itz poly New Member

OOoooooo... dafoxs just double posted.......... Rawr! Dinos rule! Lol back to the topic. Same think happened to me Fink, or what ever your name is (dude who started this thread). All you need to do is disable word suggestion, clean out the word suggestion memory, and then do a soft reset. Back to normal!
  7. hongkongluna

hongkongluna New Member

This did it...

I had been cleaning my Q regularly using SKTools etc and it was still crawling after i had restarted and done one or two tasks. The memory was pretty free both RAM and HD, since i was using the storage card. THis little trick got my phone back to normal! THanks...:smile:

R
  8. j0sh1130

j0sh1130 New Member

Dude, that totally worked!!

Here is what happened to me... after hacking my phone and adding stuff/ changng stuff up, one day (about 3 months) i wake up and my phone just doesnt work. ifi restart it it works fine for about 5-15 minutes before acting like the processor and ram are at 100%. just slow as hell and cant use programs. text and phone function barely works. in fact, i disabled the auto correct feature cause i was typing "ghost texts" and that solved the ghost problem but not the phone being slow as hell problem. so i master reset after i cant find a solution.

again, 3 months later, same thing. so i figure it has to do with my hacks/programs. i start deleting things and searching the registry for potential virus type programs. nothing helps. master reset.

3 months later... same deal. so i lived with it for 4 or 5 months and finally said, screw it, im getting a blackberry. so i start researching phones in depth and stumble on your suggestion. as soon as i do that and restart, phone is back to normal. so i re-enabled the auto correct feature and everything is fine again.

so.... if your phone suddenly starts ghost texting or runnign painfully slow, just do this and restart and you should be golden for 3 months. haha.
  9. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

did you clear out that predictive text memory. that chews up more memory then you can imagine.
  10. acunn1

acunn1 New Member

I use dashwire to back up my contacts..
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I just copy the pim.vol to a usb storange thingy.
  12. BlkMamba837

BlkMamba837 New Member

where do i find the "pim.vol" folder with all my contacts??
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

answered in the other post
  14. Moonlitdream88

Moonlitdream88 New Member

Thank you!

OMG you have NOidea how happy you posted this made me!!!! I was having the exact same problems and was tweaking out because Ive only had this phone 1.5 months!!! Thank you soooooo much!
  15. kyderr

kyderr New Member

Kinda Defeats the purpose of having a multifunction device. Sort of like buying a car and having a problem, taking it back to the dealer and having them say, well, you weren't supposed to drive it! Someone ought to tell all the developers of windows mobile that they are not supposed to be designing software.

The device is DESIGNED to have items installed and to be customized. I have spoken to verizon and they have a similar attitude, Just master reset, don't troubleshoot or find the problem.
  16. bryanpjenkins

bryanpjenkins New Member

hey worked great like everyone said for the text issue...but I'm having the same problems as everyone else with freezing and "slowness". I'm having the exact same problem as everyone else. Text messing up and then the phone freezing. VERY frustrating!!! Anyway this did fix text prob...still trying all the other suggestions for the freezing issue. I wouldn't mind doing a hard reset but the damn phone won't even sync to save my contacts anymore!

Thanks again
  17. q9cvzw

q9cvzw New Member

18. atlanta

atlanta New Member

THANKS VERY MUCH MY MAN . i would have to say after looking everywhere and trying to install sktools etc. this was the set of instructions that stopped the slowness.. I mean i cleared about everything from large files to music and stuff and nothing worked.. so thanks again
  19. lanalynn1956

lanalynn1956 New Member

:( just started doing these weird things

The first Q 9c i had, i got in July, lasted til december roughly 5 months. It was doing the weird things, the message problems, the slowness, and the freezing got a replacement. This new one lasted roughly 4 months from december to now. Started doing the same things. I'll do as suggested and hope for the best. Delete messages and then do a master reset on my own. :frown:

If not, anyone else got anymore suggestions?
    Please help :D
    i love my green Q 9c.
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

All the suggestions have been mentioned in the other Pages in this post.