Phone reallllly slow and freezing....doin weird things...

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by freki, Jan 10, 2009.

1. freki

freki New Member

Phone reallllly slow and freezing....doin weird things...

I have a q9c on Sprint for about 3 months (winmo 6.1). i've had no problems with this particular phone until now. It worked all night just fine and for some reason this morning it is working very slowly and freezes altogether when I use messenging (email, txt, etc). If I'm lucky enough to get into messenging the text input does funny things like lock the fn key or just white out what's being typed. Any ideas?

I have tried restarting, taking the battery out for 5 min, and going through my task manager to see whats going on and still nothing.:angry:
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

download/install and run sktools

plenty of threads on this
  3. jopaaron

jopaaron New Member

hey i know exactly what u mean but i found that when i don't turn of my phone at night that i freezes in the morning. so when i do turn it off it works fine
  4. Scarletjazz

Scarletjazz New Member

Mine is doing the same thing lately. I will start doing that as well tonight and come back and let you know if I see a difference. Thanks good info to know.. - This didn't work for me.. but the one below did. Thanks anyway.
  5. innocentiiz

innocentiiz New Member

I had the same thing happen to me about a month ago. The phone would freeze up on me when I went from one screen to another or when I would text, I could see the first couple of letters of whatever I was typing but then it would disappear. I researched EQ found the solution. Every so often you have to clear out your text memory.

start>settings>more>more>text input settings>menu>clear input history

Hope that helps!:smile:
  6. Scarletjazz

Scarletjazz New Member

Hi,
    I did this yesterday on the way home on the train and it seems to be working fine now. Wheww.. I love my little MotoQ and didn't want to give up on it.. I haven't even had it a year yet.. thanks your help is appreciated.

Scar:laugh2:

7. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Looks like the Q9c has the same bug as the Q9m then
  8. DanFish

DanFish New Member

2 issues in this post

1 When your phone locks up at night, that is because you have a memory card in it, right. Take the card out at night and you will have no more problem. I am not sure if there is a fix for this yet.

2 The slow moving locking up, invisible letters in the text,email. Just had that same prob. Brought to USCell and did a master reset. Everything is all better now. Remember when you do a master reset to take the mem card out as well as backup the "pim.vol" file with all your contacts. I know of no fix for this one yet either.

Why cant they fix this stuff! Both of these happened to me and my phone is 6 months old!
  9. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Take the memory card out at night. Never heard that. I have never removed the card in a year.
  10. sherri

sherri Active Member

Same here......nearly 2 years.......
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

since every app i have is on my card, that would create a huge problem when sktools starts up at 2 am.
  12. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

If it's slow turn off the word suggestion. That's where the bug is.
  13. anonymous17

anonymous17 New Member

Dont Install anything! this makes your crap run slower and Your phone is acting like this because you may download too much. This has happened to me twice! I know EXACTLY what you mean. The only way to get ur phone back to normal is to master reset it. Sorry.. Hope your phone is backed up. Try to copy down your contacts if you dont..

Its a bummer because when my phone did this, it was so slow to the point that it wouldnt even let me view my contacts. You shut it off and it wud work for a few mins but then its back to the freezing and the white out texting... So you have to have a hard reset!
  14. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I'm not going to say it. I have 32 3rd party apps on my phone. There is no problems. It is all in how you maintain your phone. SKTools ran at least 1 time per week will fix almost any problems. So dont say a master reset is your only solution. Clean out all your caches, texts, emails. And get SKTools and use it. How many times most we say this. Knock yourself out if you like doing resets. It isnt the fix. you will get the same problems again. My team (this week) is losing so I'm in a bad mood.
  15. ghernandez

ghernandez New Member

Speaking of backing up, I was forced to master reset my phone last night, I re synced it and with ActiveSync and I'm noticing that my memos arent there. Any suggestions?
  16. n99hockey

what memos?
    what program?
  17. ghernandez

ghernandez New Member

The memopad and voicenotes that come with the phone. Gone. I figured that syncing my phone everynight was backing that stuff up for just an occasion?
  18. n99hockey

nope those items dont sync
  19. ghernandez

ghernandez New Member

whats are best practices for backing that stuff up then...?
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

save that stuff to a memory card.