Phone mutes for a few seconds during the call

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by andrey, Jun 6, 2009.

1. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

If you have Google Maps and Live working on your phone then it means that you have the GPS hack installed also.

Does anybody have only VZNav and NO GPS fix on their configuration right now and is experiencing the call interruption?

I am doing that experiment right now. The GPS hack that is on the float wasn't ready for production units, only development. That's why I think the problem lies in those DLL files which nobody understands yet.
  2. andrey

andrey Member

I have GPS hack + Google Maps installed.

I tried VZNav at one point without GPS hack, but without too much luck. The phone could not initialize GPS for VZNav. As soon as GPS hack was installed, VZNav worked. But the mute problem appeared.

See my post above, I did a clean flash with only GPS hack + Google Maps, and that's how I was able to resolve the mute problem.
  3. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Curious on your VZ Nav test. At the time had you called VZW to have them change the provisioning on your account before trying it? Reason being is to use VZ Nav on a smartphone you have to have VZW reprovision your account for " Advanced devices". If you don't VZ Nav will not work right or get any type of GPS fix.

@wnurussell I did that test myself like you asked about and never had the interrupt on the device. At least not until I did install the GPS file then it cropped up again so I reflashed it and started my new test. However the time I tested that I did not install the disable file, only the GPS cab. Currently I have VZ Nav installed and working for over week with no issues. I then installed the GPS files ( including the disable file this time) along with WLS and Gmaps and still no issue as of yet.

If it comes back in the next week or two I'm going to reflash and this time I will not install VZ Nav and just do the GPS files along with WLS and gmaps to see what I get.

While on this topic I'm curious on your end tho. When you have VZ Nav installed and active have you ever read QPST service programming to see what it shows on the gpsOne tab if anything. If so what did it display?
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

Well, just another little update here on my part. I took andrey's lead and just un-installed VZNav yesterday. Tonite, I just got off a 25+ minute call without any 'muting' problems at all. If anyone reads this whole thread, it should be clear that I did this without a re-flash, nor a Master reset or anything else. Have had the GPS hack, and am with andrey. Since it (the gps hack) works just fine with GMM, WLS, and aMaze, why not un-install VZNav? So I did, and now my 'muting' problems are gone.

Just my two peso's worth.
  5. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Well that is good to know for sure in case it pops back up on my end. If it does I will test that out and report back before doing any reflash or what have you. What I can say tho is it has been over two weeks since my reflash and I have everything installed now. This includes having my line provisioned for advanced devices and using my free month of VZ Nav, The gps hack, gmap, WLS, and amaze and to date no call interrupt. And mind you I've been on numerous calls pushing well over an hour at a time and have not had the issue.
  6. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

I thought i would add my experience with this call interrupt issue. I have never had this problem on my USA Nap or my new China Nap. I have never installed the VZNav app on either of my Napoleons and this could be the reason i have never experienced this problem before. I have always installed both the original separate cab files for getting GPS to work not the one compiled into one cab for the general public posted here. Just thought i would throw it out there.
  7. briansailing

briansailing New Member

can you post these separate files I would like to reflash my phone and try the separate files.
  8. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

from my understanding the separate files CAN NOT be posted which is why you've never seen them posted.
  9. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

The disableAPR.cab that is the second of the two separate files in question and it performs only a single reg edit to HKLM/Software/Motorola/Enterprise adding the key EnableActivePanicReports with a value of 0.
    Simply deleting this key will be the same as never running the cab. That is the only difference between the separate files and the public release which includes this edit and changes the installed name of the file.

Also, this APR feature is no longer actively being monitored by Motorola so it is no necessary to have it disabled by the edit.