Phone Keeps Restarting

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by jacobnorton, Dec 21, 2007.

1. jacobnorton

jacobnorton New Member

Phone Keeps Restarting

Okay, so recently i've been having this problem. (i searched and couldnt find anything)

So i will send a bunch of texts, and then i'll go to send one, and i will set my phone down, and when i pick it back up, my phone is off.

When i repower my phone, all the texts that i just sent have been erased and there is no trace of them.

anybody have any clue as to what is happening with my phone or what to do to fix it?

EDIT: Okay pretty sure it started happening after i installed clock on top, which puts an anolog clock on the bar where the battery and signal is, or after i installed the thing that shows a gradient bar at the top of the screen that shows the battery level (Vista Hide Battery Indicator)
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

great...I literally just downloaded the battery thing! I've had Clock on Top for long time, so I'll let ya know. I was liking having a meter while surfing....
  3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Ok..seeing no ill effects after installing the Vista Battery meter. It's kinda cool being able to see your battery state while in sub-screens. The only screens it doesn't show on is ones that use a full screen image, like the homescreen, or watching fullscreen in TCPMP or Sling. And it increments in 25% blocks. All it uses is that 3-4 pixel tall bar at the top of the sub-screens icon bar. So far....pretty cool.
  4. buckguin

buckguin New Member

I used to have this problem alot and Ive never had either one of the programs mentioned.. It still happens now but not as much. There are tons of threads on here about the Q just shutting off or restarting. I think its just a Q issue.. It pisses me off but Ive got used to it.. The good far out weighs the bad...
  5. Willow989

Willow989 New Member

Brand-new Q9h Keeps Restarting and Calls Too Get Dropped

I love the phone but been having these 2 problems:

1. Calls keep dropping but I am not entirely sure if it is due to the phone or the carrier

2. More seriously, the phone keeps restarting with no clear pattern, don't think it's because of lack of internal memory or such...

Any ideas guys?

Moto Q9h
    Palm Treo 750v
    Dopod 838 Pro
    SE P910i
    SE P910
    SE P800
    Nokia 'Banana-phone'
    Moto StarTac
  6. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

does phone come right back up? does it do it random or when it is bumped around?

some Q9 users have put strips of paper or tape between the batter and cover. They had a little slop between that allowed the battery to temp loose contact
  7. Desiree Q

Desiree Q New Member

8. Willow989

Willow989 New Member

The phone comes right back up but as if it's been rebooted. It goes back on as if nothing ever happened.

I checked the battery and it seems to fit snug enough. Weird
  9. Geekster

Geekster New Member

No, candlelight won't interfere with calls. It's just a battery saver program.
    No worries, there....
  10. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Mike,
    I can't find the post but remember it. Could restart be from the phone reading more/less ram than it thinks it has? Remember? I can remember vague parts of the post but not specifics..
    Is this related to that post at all?
  11. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

all of you that have phone restarting problems upgrade to the latest mol.... this is an issue itfixes
  12. Willow989

Willow989 New Member

Sorry but what a 'mol'?
  13. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

The latest software update
    Just go here, and follow the instructions
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

if you do the upgrade make sure you backup all data because you will loose everything

-Sent from my Q
  15. Desiree Q

Desiree Q New Member

I went to the mol site and there are no current upgrades for AT&T; however, I was having issues with candlelight (black home screen, couldn't even use the soft keys) and once I removed it, no more dropped calls. I'm sure it is probably just a coincidence.
  16. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Which Q do you have? The "regular" Q's have no problem with this program but I think the Q9's have an issue with candle light.
    Sorry I didn't think to ask this before and me mis-leading you.
  17. Desiree Q

Desiree Q New Member

See how u r! lol

Q 9h... candlelight was a mess. After I removed it, no more dropped calls...so far...

DQ
  18. n99hockey

ya...candlelight and Q9=bad
  19. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Gee, Scott. I'm glad you were covering my back!
    Where were you when my "stupid gene" took over?
    Gee...you know I have to be watched all the time!
    Lesson learned: ask questions first & hope someone else jumps in there with the answers! LOL
    *See? I'm kind-a trainable*
  20. n99hockey

haha ill be sure to keep a closer eye on you :laugh2: