Phone just got really,really, really really, slow

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by mixdown, Oct 26, 2007.

1. mixdown

mixdown New Member

Phone just got really,really, really really, slow

Today my phone just started to lag big time and run reallyyyyyyyyy slow. I've done the speed hack about 4 weeks. And I've turned on/off the phone more than a dozen times today. Doing this allowed it to function fine for about 10 minutes but then it would begin to take forever to do anything after the first 10mins.

help?!

thanks in advance!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

are you doing anything in particular??

-Sent from my Q
  3. mixdown

mixdown New Member

nope...i was using the wifi and internet explore when it first happened. That was when I also got a "memory low" notification. not sure what memory it's talking about. I emptied my temp files on explorer, i have half of the internal memory and ram left....dont know what else it could be...but after that, I have not been doing anything in particular...just going through the menus, contacts, texts.
  4. daniel

daniel New Member

i notice my phone slows down a lot when i plug it into my computer via USB cable.
  5. Paul G

Paul G New Member

Mine too...when I do a sync with Outlook via USB, the processor pins at 100% and it takes a while :(
  6. Paul G

Paul G New Member

Tony...do you have a lock code set? Seems to be related to the slowness and sync...
  7. not sure I understand.
  8. mixdown

mixdown New Member

i'm thinking about doing a master reset just because i dont want to try to figure this out.....however, how do you backup your contacts list??? thanks!
  9. wouldn't you set activesync to overide the device? that should copy the contacts over. I am new to this, but this is how I used to do it on my palm treo.
  10. Wetfoot

Wetfoot New Member

My phone just started doing the same thing yesterday too. The frist 10 min or so its fine after that is really slow. I can open a text message but I can't type anything into it. Could this have something to do with having the trial version of the resco explorer and it now just expired?

I just ran the registry cleaner and it stills seems to be really clunky when trying to do anything.
  11. Wetfoot

Wetfoot New Member

Well I did a reset to see if it would correct the problems, but i must have screwed up because I lost all of my contact info.
  12. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

well....yea....

a master reset doest that
    it takes the phone back to the 'out of the box state'
  13. winotree

winotree New Member

Ummm...Wetfoot and anyone else : Just my feelings on the subject, but I don't believe that Resco Explorer would do THAT to your phone. If it were me (and it was, once) I'd get SKTools Lite and let it do some housecleaning for your Q...you won't believe the difference. Even if all you use is the AutoClean function it will help!!

And, if my old memory is correct, it's FREE. Hope this helps...
  14. igotaq

igotaq New Member

i have a q9m but have not had any "slow" issues. Check your memory manager and see if the device memory is getting full. If it is.. you might want to delete the temp. internet files.
  15. Wetfoot

Wetfoot New Member

Well I had tried the lite before I did the master reset and it did not clear it up. I will try to get resco and all the mods on there again and see if that is better. Its all running great now but I am going to be more careful to put most the apps on my card and not the device memory.
  16. Paul G

Paul G New Member

always use "exit" to close the task manager...don't leave it running. The app itself seems to hang up the processor at 100% at times
  17. paramedicnate

paramedicnate New Member

This is going to happen with just about any WM5 or WM6 device; the sync just requires it.

-Nate
  18. Wetfoot

Wetfoot New Member

Well My phone did it again and all I loaded back on it was resco and sklite and the new opera, could opera cause that issue maybe? It was find yesterday and plugged it in over night and when I woke up it would barely work. Maybe something to do with a windows update?.
  19. MWYada

MWYada New Member

I am totally having this exact problem. I REALLY think it's a bug of the Q9m or the messaging app.

The only thing that fixes the problem for me is a hard-reset. But the problem always comes back eventually.

I did not have Resco installed. I tried SKTools but it didn't fix the problem. Killing tasks with Task Manager doesn't fix it either.