Phone frozen on the Windows Mobile Screen

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by shallowbayx, Apr 2, 2008.

1. shallowbayx

shallowbayx New Member

Phone frozen on the Windows Mobile Screen

So I decide to turn my phone off and on again and it's stuck on the Windows Mobile screen. I called it and it goes through (my phone doesn't ring, but it doesn't go straight to voicemail) and my Q is fully charged. Anyone know what's going on?
  2. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

I have no idea but the same thing just happened to me... the phone wont turn all the way on. Its stuck on the green Windows Mobile screen. WHAT DO WE DO?!?!?!
  3. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

well after taking out the battery and rebooting it a couple times i finally got mine to work.
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

search for flash boot mode.....best of luck
  5. Aeori

Aeori New Member

This is getting ridiculous :( What do I do? Keep replacing the phone until it stops freezing every few days? Am I just getting defective Q9cs or is everyone having this problem every once in a while? (yes i disabled predictive text)
  6. raborn

raborn New Member

Never had that problem with mine but I did with my 8525 and had to do a hard reset to fix it. But it has only happened once to me however not repetitive.
  7. Aeori

Aeori New Member

It's driving me crazy. I have no idea why I've had such bad luck with my last 2 Windows Mobile phones. I'm considering returning to the HTC Mogul. It was slow, but it worked.

8. mountainwampus

mountainwampus Member

Frozen Windows Mobile Screen FIX

Turn off phone,
    Hold chrome button,
    Turn phone on keeping chrome button pressed,
    Select YES at Master Reset menu

:frown:(You will lose all data, contacts, media, etc...):frown:

This happened to me after copying over my pim.vol without using resco
  9. PutAdoboOnMe

PutAdoboOnMe New Member

Not even Sprint themselves could help me. After hours of looking on the internet I found this page. I followed the directions, and finally, finally after 2 days I got my phone to reset and work. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Great site, thanks!:wink:
  10. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

there not talking about bootloader mode @ mike250.. just remembe to always backup your data and your contacts "pim.vol"
  11. scientia

scientia New Member

Same thing happened to me after renaming my pim.vol to pim.vol.old so I could copy my contacts after a failed sync attempt with Outlook 2007. I don't know if the phone just wanted it's weekly reset or because there was a 'pim.vol' type file on my phone already (note to self, change pim.vol to pim.old only). After I did a soft reset to get my contacts back I was stuck at the Windows Mobile screen. After cursing the gods and about 20 hard resets and numerous times trying to 'boot mode' (center silver key while powering up) I charged the phone via my AC charger til it was full. I then tried the 'boot mode' master reset again and it worked. Copied my backed up contacts back to the phone and did a soft reset et voila, working Q9c again. We'll see how long this lasts.
  12. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

did the same thing. use active sync, expore the Q, locate the file you changed and change it back. my worked fine.