Phone Call Screen

Discussion in 'HTC HD7 and HTC HD7S' started by Alejandro Treviño, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Alejandro Treviño

Alejandro Treviño New Member

I used to make phone calls and be able to change to speaker, mute, and whatever else. Just recently, whenever i pick up a call, the screen goes black and i cant do anything until the call has ended. God forbid their voicemail picks up or ill have to either wait till the message length limit is over or just simply power down the phone.

Any clue why this is happening? I will bring up I also recently added quite a bit of music to my phone but i dont know how that would affect my phone in this such manner.
    mayflower likes this.
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I've seen that exact problem on my Focus. It was a problem with the proximity sensor. It's hardware related, so I had no choice but to exchange it. No amount of factory resets cured it. It would eventually come back. You can try dealing with it, but it will only get worse. I say exchange it asap, or get it fixed/swapped if you have warranty with carrier. If not, send it to manufacturer, since you have a year warranty with them.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Orrrrrr... I've heard that screen protectors may interfere with the proximity sensors.
    mayflower likes this.
  4. mayflower

mayflower New Member

I think the screen protector can protect us from radiation. maybe this is only my feelings.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hmmmmm... I don't think a thin piece of plastic can block radiation.