Phone Bricked?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Hyundaifixer, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

Phone Bricked?

I performed a master reset. Phone seemed to be working okay. I connected it to my PC to try and put my contacts back on it. I went to shut it off. when I turned it back on it will not go past the green start up screen that says windows 6.1. What can I do with this besides rest drinks on it? I never performed any hacks on it.....
  2. acunn1

acunn1 New Member

brick?

Try removing the battery and then try turning it back on.
  3. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

done that a few times...nothing.
  4. acunn1

acunn1 New Member

Have you tried it while it is turned on?
  5. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

yeah. pulled the battery while its stuck on the the green page.

cause once its on that screen...i cannot turn it off.
  6. acunn1

acunn1 New Member

Have you tried taking it to your carrier and see if they can fix/replace it?
  7. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

that's probably the next step. its a 3rd party of sprint. Just have to call and see what happens.
  8. acunn1

acunn1 New Member

good luck then
  9. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

called the carrier.... guy said, here is your ticket #, call back tomorrow so they can get your info to send you a new phone... just what I wanted to hear.

So I hung up with him. put the battery back in mine & powered it up. Once again, got stuck on the green scree, but this time the voice mail ring tone played on my phone. Dialed it up from the wifes phone, it was techline calling me to ask for another # to call me on........why not think of that while I was on the phone...duh.

well the new guy had me do a hardware reset. Had the phone off. Press the center silver button, turn the phone on. it went to another master reset screen, pressed yes.. it took about a minuet or so and it seems to be working good now. Now I just have to figure out what caused it to start locking up so I don't do it again....predictive text is turned off.
  10. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

A new Q9c I got had the stuck on green screen problem after putting my old pim.vol file on it. Recopying pim.vol from the old phone fixed the problem. You may have had a fail on the contacts restore.
  11. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

This might seem like a very remedial question but.... is there a difference between moving a file and copying it to the storage card?

but bberry..I'm going to have to PM you. I was on your "q" section of your site to get the sktools....I'm hoping I just did something wrong, but it seems to have deleted my settings and some other stuff. not an issue now, but if I run it again I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.
  12. acunn1

acunn1 New Member

I think when you did the master reset it removed any changes you did to the phone.
  13. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

It works better to post questions here than to PM an individual. I don't know what went wrong.

Moving deletes the file from it's original location. Copying doesn't.
  14. mhans311

mhans311 Member

Also, make sure to delete messages you don't need anymore. By this I mean all messages like SMS, MMS, email, etc. I started having a lot of problems with my phone and I figured out that it was because I had too many text messages on the phone. I had to do a master reset, and even that didn't go too smoothly.
  15. txter

txter New Member

remember to also delete the deleted folder.
  16. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

I PM'd ya cause my question delt with was on that site directly....figured you were the best person to answer it. It is your site right?

I usually do keep the "messaging" folder clean. I dont store emails more then 3 days old on the phone.

but the software master reset didnt do much. it was the hardware master reset that got the phone working again.
  17. cjpederson

cjpederson New Member

I was having the same problem. It just suddenly hung on the green screen. I did the hardware reset, as you described, and said yes to the master reset. (Luckily, I have everything important on the storage card, and my contacts come directly from Gmail so they're safe). So far, so good.