Phone becoming "buggy"

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Hiram, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Hiram

Hiram Member

Please forgive me, because one item include here is in another post. But it falls under the greater topic. Lately, little bugs are bugging me out about my Focus WP7. :mad:

1. AP mobile: sometimes it starts loading and goes back to the previous page. It may do this 4 or 5 times, and then may not even have updated news. I have to reload again to update. The picture on the live tile has been static for over a week.
    2. Marketplace: it just will not load at times, until I reboot device.
    3. Although my color theme is blue, the accent on my calendar entries is green. No way to change it. I've tried selecting every color theme, and the calendar is green. I hate it.
    4. Alarm: sometimes I need to press four or five times for it to stop ringing.
    Is it me or what???:confused:

Thanks
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

1. That's AP mobile's problem. Just read through the reviews. They need to update their app. I use it too.
    2. Not isolated to the Focus. I think that's a MS server problem. Hopefully they will fix it soon.
    3. Did you try changing calender theme? Open calendar, tap on the 3 dots on the right to bring up more options, tap on calendars, choose color.
    4. Not sure why it takes you that long. I don't seem to have that problem. But you can try hitting one of the side buttons, which should snooze it immediately.
  3. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Alarm: sometimes I need to press four or five times for it to stop ringing.

Try actually waking up first... ;)
  4. Hiram

Hiram Member

That's why I visit this forum ... answers!

ninjaap: #1,2,4 ... understood
    #3 ... worked (hadn't been there)
    Thanks.

kareljack: good one! :p
    Got a good laugh.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

HA!
  6. Joey Pruett

Joey Pruett New Member

Hiram,

I believe I also had problems 1 and 2. (Except my problem 1 was with other apps, not AP Mobile). I did a hard reset on the phone and have no longer had these problems.

-Joey
  7. Hiram

Hiram Member

Joey:

What do you mean by a hard reset???
  8. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hard reset = settings/about/reset your phone

I wouldn't recommend it though. I've done multiple hard resets for another problem, the AP and Marketplace bugs still show up for me. Of course, that's entirely up to you.
  9. Hiram

Hiram Member

Exactly why I asked. I think I'll wait for updates to iron these issues out.

Thanks guys.

By the way: do any of you know the settings to get AOL configured using the Outlook app on the WP7?
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Sorry I don't use Outlook. I send all my accounts to Gmail.
  11. Hiram

Hiram Member

OK, thanks.
  12. dannahan

dannahan New Member

you should be able to just add your aol email info and password and it should be configured automatically:
  13. Hiram

Hiram Member

... already got it that way. Just wanted to know if anyone had tried using the Outlook app (under settings/email & accounts/add an account) for Aol.

Thanks
  14. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

[Edited]
    I think you're confusing the Outlook on your desktop with the Outlook on the phone. In the past Windows phones (WM5.0 - WM6.5), you can sync your Outlook email/contacts/calendar from PC to phone via USB cable. This is not true for WP7, and requires some type of Exhange server, which is usually a paid service, if it isn't already provided through your job (enterprise).

Outlook Web App
    Microsoft Exchange Server
  15. BitPusher2600

BitPusher2600 Member

Its so weird problems I see often on this forum generally happen to be people using the Focus. I guess I got lucky with the Marketplace thing because I've yet to have problems, and as much as my luck sucks, I wonder if its the phone or provider. At any rate, isn't anyone having these issues with the HD7? I rely on my alarm, its never had a problem yet. So far as I know this phone has operated perfectly, I haven't needed to even reboot it yet, except once I let the battery die all the way so I could full charge it. All that aside though, I'm starting to doubt the ever popular Focus. Maybe the next software update can fix those bugs. Gotta love ye olde 1.0's :)
  16. Hiram

Hiram Member

Thanks ninjaap. I understand fully what you said. But there is a feature where you can add an account
    (under settings/email & accounts/add an account) as an "Outlook" account. This can be done even without the use of Outlook Web App or Exchange. (I use Companion Link for syncing.) I did it with my Gmail, and even have an Outlook tile on my main screen (which is my gmail). But you have to have specific settings (not the same ones from when you add "another account", which is automatic). I got the settings for gmail, but cannot find the ones for aol. For now, I just added aol as "another account" and get the mail. Just looking to see if anyone has the settings for doing it as "Outlook".

God bless and Merry Christmas
  17. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I see what your saying now. I'm going to reply in your outlook thread.
  18. Hiram

Hiram Member

Thanks for giving it your all.
  19. jtzako

jtzako New Member

I noticed that sometimes my Focus plays the same alarm twice . The arrow on the screen actually says there are 2 alarms even though there is only 1 alarm set for that time. Im not sure how or why, but it basically just duplicates the alarm. Oddly, it so far is only doing this for 1 of my alarms. The others work just fine.

I also get the marketplace issue. I dont think that is phone related though.