Philadelphia Phillies Homescreen

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by ChicagoTom, Jun 27, 2008.

1. The image was clean so I didn't think it was necessary, plus I still haven't figured it out yet:frown:
  2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Thanks docmac! I appreciate it. Is there anyway to incorporate the new images I put on the previous page? The logo along with the Stadium shot?

Thanks!
    Tom
  3. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

If Tony wants to give that a shot, if he finds time? I'm kind of swamped the next few days, so I won't be able to. If Tony can't, then I might tackle it next week.

@Tony: You are right, u really didn't need Orange the way that u had it. I like to use it whenever I can so I can get more creative with the icons for messages & such, which takes up alot of space. U did a great job, just thought I would help u out (u sounded kind of busy).

Here is my new & improved HS. Hope U like it. :smile: Requires Orange Only!
    [​IMG]

Shown with Eko black soft keys. Default is whatever color
    Tony put into the xml (didn't change that)

Sorry, I will have to post a SS of the MCS later tonight.
    The only change I made to that was to put the MC count onto the scoreboard.

Peace:smile:

Attached Files:

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Looks great! Thanks a lot! I really like it!
  5. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

I'm Glad! Even though Im a fan of the TIGERS, being from the burbs of Detroit, I don't mind helping out a fellow eQ member!:smile:
  6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

When using one of the homescreens created by someone do they slow your phone and its applications down some? Since I put the Phillies homescreen on my phone it seems to be somewhat slower. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
    Tom
  7. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

It might be due to Orange. It isn't really made for the Q, but has been shown to work, and it is very handy when making HS's. Alot of the designers use it. U can go into the hack section of this forum, and look up the thread on how to overclock (speed up) your Q. I've done it and it definitely makes a difference. If u don't want to mess with it, I could take out orange from the HS, and find a tiny place on the HS to put your profile plugin instead. Just let me know either way! Or better yet, you could take a look at some of the latest screens by me, crazykay, or kalya and see if u like the smartmonitor battery & signal bars that are on them. Then I could get rid of the dorky iconbar. U just have to download the smartmonitor plugin, which u can find in kalya's HS thread. Just a thought. I would definitely look into the speed up hack though either way.
  8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

I think I want to get rid of Orange. If it is rather insignificant and homescreens can be created and used without it I would like to get rid of it.

Thanks!
    Tom

PS - on the homescreen the voicemails, text and emails do not match up evenly on the screen the way your screen shot above does. The numbers of each one seem to be in between one another. For example:

Voicemail
    Text
    Email

Is that something on my end?

Thanks!
    Tom
  9. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

It might have to do with u NOT having orange setup on your phone the right way. When u said u downloaded Orange to your phone, give me exact steps on what u did. Did u just download the 4Orangeh.dll file and put it onto your Q, or did u get the file JRulesOHSP.cab file and execute it on your Q? The latter one is the one u would want to have done, because it also has the reg file u need to activate Orange on your phone. The numbers line up on my end. I will remove Orange tomorrow if I get a chance. While it is true that you can make HS's w/o Orange, U will notice that most HS's these days utilize it. :smile:
  10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

I downloaded the file and the phone then gave me the option to install the program on my phone and I clicked, "Yes." I was assuming I was doing it correctly.

I changed homescreens to one of the basic ones offerered on my Q and my phone has sped up quite a bit.
  11. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Allright, here is the last mod I will be doing for this screen, sorry, but got others to do. Uses the same MCS as the last one. Requires: No Special Plugins!:smile:
    [​IMG]

In case u ask, Advanced is your profile (I have Photo Contacts Pro so that is what their program puts in that spot instead of Normal, Outdoor, etc). U do NOT have to have that program to make this HS work. This one should give u NO problems. If u are still experiencing problems, its on Your end. If u still want mods, post up your request & hopefully someone will help u out.:smile:

Attached Files:

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Thanks a lot for the screen. It looks great! I appreciate your help.