PDAnet

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Dr.Snyder, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

PDAnet

i had PDAnet on my old Q and have yet to go through the trouble to "find" my registration info in order to move it to the new Q, but before i do, has anyone else used PDAnet on their Q9c's?

i'm keenly interested as i'd imagine EVEN if one got a wi-fi adapter, that sprint would still charge them for the data usage(Phone as modem). i rather enjoy the wireless internet usage i've gotten with the old q utilizing PDAnet.

have at it......
  2. EdgeQ

EdgeQ New Member

I'm just getting XP installed onto my eeePC (installed WinXP mainly to use PDA Net and my company's VPN software from the Xandros Linux that came on the eeePC) and as soon as I'm done, I'll install PDANet and test it.

I just changed over from a Q to a Q9c; getting PDANet onto the new Q9c was easy.
  3. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

i'm running vista, hopefully it'll work on vista. also, did you have to re-install PDAnet on your computer, in order to install it to the Q9c? or can you just install it directly to the Q9c? if so, where is the cab file found?
  4. EdgeQ

EdgeQ New Member

Go to your start menu, then PDANet, and there should be a choice to reinstall PDANet to your device.
  5. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

sweet i'll check it out when i get home.

thx
  6. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

WOW, okay guys. i got my PDAnet to work on my laptop and it is A LOT faster than the old Q.

here is a speed test:
    1305/kb download
    119/kb upload

now here is my regular broadband test:
    1682/kb download
    281/kb upload

not too shabby...........
  7. mabmarc

mabmarc New Member

PdaNet Bluetooth Dun

Did anyone get PdaNet to work with bluetooth DUN? My PdaNet on my Q9c says (Bluetooth DUN not supported). It used to work on my old Q8 or 1st gen Q.
  8. EdgeQ

EdgeQ New Member

I just ordered a bluetooth USB "nub" for my notebook. As soon as it arrives, I'll try it out and let everyone here know.

Right now, I'm using my Q9c with my ASUS eeePC and PDANet, and they work OUTSTANDING together! It's funny that my eeePC is only about 3.3x larger than the Q; I get a lot of looks from people when they realize that I'm running XP on it and I'm online with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. stine

stine New Member

Does this PDANet avoid the surcharge for using the phone as a modem?
  10. tool2269

tool2269 New Member

yes. makes it look like you're just surfing the net via your phone.
  11. forcelite

forcelite New Member

"yes. makes it look like you're just surfing the net via your phone."

O wow that is huge. I have never heard that before. I figured it was just an easy way to use the Q as a modem.

Thanks
    Force
  12. mabmarc

mabmarc New Member

Bluetooth Dun Not Supported by PDANet

I tested it with a USB cable and it works great. There are 2 methods that can be used to tether PDANet to your laptop via Bluetooth. One suggests you connect to activesync via bluetooth then PDANet will take over and allow internet over bluetooth. That works. The 2nd method is directly connecting your laptop to PDANet using bluetooth DUN. This method is great for connecting a PDA (axim x51v, nokia internet tablet or similar) or any other device that doesn't have activesync. This feature does NOT appear to be available on PDANet for the Q9C. I checked my sprint Mogul and it IS supported on that device. So it appears to be an issue with the PDANet application itself and not WM6. Anyone else have the bluetooth DUN checkbox available on their Q9C?
  13. mabmarc

mabmarc New Member

PDANet fix coming

PDANet is aware of the issue with the Q9C and tethering with Bluetooth. They are working on a fix and may have it in week or 2 according to an email I received from them.