PDAnet unable to connect

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by ticklemedaly, Feb 8, 2007.

1. ticklemedaly

ticklemedaly New Member

PDAnet unable to connect

Ok, got PDAnet set up on both phone and computer. Got PDAnet to connect to phone, but keeps coming up with "I got error on the PC: "Failed to create dialup entry". Along with err:711 afterwords in same txt box on screen.

followed the pdanet guide:

On some XP system, PdaNet could be disallowed from creating a dialup entry for you automatically if there has not been any dialup entries on your XP system. Try to manually create *any* entry in your network connections and the problem should go away. Go to Control Panel -> Network Connections -> select "Create a New Connection" from the left, allow the dialog to continue until finished (check "Setup my connection manually" when prompted) and enter any number as the phone number when prompted. After this finishes you should have a junk dialup entry. Now try to launch PdaNet connection again and it should connect.

still no luck, anyone run into this? I ran out of time to play with it but I will do more after work. lmk what else others have run into regarding this.

Ryan
  2. ticklemedaly

ticklemedaly New Member

Ok, got it figured out. Found out that i had some resources shut off on the computer to try and save mem/proc speed.