PDANet question

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by useaq, Aug 25, 2006.

1. useaq

useaq New Member

PDANet question

can anyone help me with PDANet? it worked fine til i purchased the full version, haven't been able to use it since. modem is always "busy." no answer from tech support. any steps i can take to troubleshoot this?
  2. troutseth

troutseth Guest

How about a typical response . . . . try uninstalling and install again. You should have an email with the registration code that you can add in to activate the product and you can download the full version from June Fabrics. When you do this, establish the connection to your computer all over again. I had some issues with ports on my Treo with PDANet so starting over may solve the issue. I will be honest with you, I have had no problems with PDANet on my Q. In fact the bluetooth connection is fantastic, I do not even carry the cable any more.
  3. Dayspring

Dayspring New Member

Okay, How do you use PDANET with the MotoQ bluetooth. I have done the bluetooth hack, but the PDANET tells me that bluetooth is not enabled on the device. Is there another step to do? I have gotten BT to DUN using the windows settings. PDANET would be nicer set up though.

Thanks.
  4. troutseth

troutseth Guest

Ok, You actually do not need the hack any longer. Upgrade the version of PDANet to 1.71. This allows you to use bluetooth. The way it works; it connects via active synch with bluetooth, then pdanet piggybacks on that connection to get you to the internet. Works great to this point.

Add link to revision history:
    http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/updatehistory.php
  5. mclayp

mclayp New Member

I am having trouble getting PDANET to work using bluetooth. I have done the updates and everything. Can you help on how to use PDANET via bluetooth? Thanks.
  6. joeytomato

joeytomato New Member

First of all, make sure you have blue tooth build in your computer or you have a blue tooth adaptor and make sure it work, then syn with your computer by using blue tooth (read the manual how to use it). Download the right verson of PdaNet, V1.7 or V1.71 for moto Q and install it then it will automatically work.
  7. jaeryong

jaeryong New Member

I recently purchased version 1.72 but Bluetooth is grayed out and reads, 'Bluethooth DUN Not supported'. Is there a way to get this to work?
  8. gizlby

gizlby New Member

have you been able to get the bluetooth to work with the pdanet???

i can connect with the usb cord but not the bluetooth.

my "enable bluetooth" is still grayed out on the phone -- do i have to buy the full version -- i'm running the trial now.
  9. jaeryong

jaeryong New Member

No, I couln't get it to work with bluetooth.
  10. jeffrash

jeffrash New Member

PDANet and BlueTooth

Same here, I just downloaded and registered it. I get the same message "Bluetooth DUN not supported". What's up? Everything I've read says it does work.
  11. rocky562

rocky562 New Member

Serial# for PDANET

does anyone have the serial# to register to full version for pdanet for motorola q? thanks.
  12. coreyoli

coreyoli New Member

Yeah, the manufacturer does.. And for a small fee they'll give it to you...