pay X mana, tap = destroy target player :D

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Weapondrift, Jun 12, 2008.

1. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

LOL, I'm waaaay too late to this thread (I found it searching for twitter clients, lol). I used to be addicted to the game in high school and still have a bunch of cards. Favorite card of all time - Force of Will (I still got em!). Being able to cast a counterspell without any mana = complete domination (I also liked Forbid and Capsize)...not sure what the new sets are all about though.
  2. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

I love the old school cards. Im still pissed that Time Spiral and planar Chaos CXLD out but alas whatever lol. Shards of Alara (the new set) is based on using multiple colors. Using R and W with the balance of U(blue) for an example. If you get a chance I think you should take a look at the visual spoiler for it to get some better ideas. Right now Im abusing the hell out of Ad Nausiem in a mono black deck.
  3. zelendel

zelendel Member

With that card you would have to abuse it. It is just too much fun. astrel slide, world gorger, wrath of god, armageddon.
  4. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

not a big fan of wargorger, but then again he's in extended. Corrupt on the otherhand is back in cycle. yay black life gain!!! :D
  5. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I played MTG up until Freshman year of high school, when it went out of style with my friends and I. Was looking to sell my 3000+ cards on eBay but I am too lazy.
  6. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

Yeah I have a bunch of cards from 4th edition and up. Just collecting dust now. Got a couple of legends cards, some beta lands and other random stuff. Think I have the first magic comic book.
  7. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

I would suggest going to a pre release with some of your older cards (assuming you have already looked at their worth in Scry Magazine available at most books a Millions) and try to get some money out of them. Hell, I have a 50 dollar card that I didnt know was so expensive untill I looked in Scry. I almost dry humped the card
  8. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

I have some that are worth some money. Hey I'm gonna need some retirement money someday right? I go in phases where I break em out and build decks but I haven't actually played a game in years:tounge:
  9. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

dude there are so many places to play where you live. i actually have to cross the state line and drive half an hour to find people to play.

*edit* I got the magazine title wrong. Its actually spelled Scrye. I loved Planer Chaos. Absolutly loved it, and then it rotated out. It kinda pisses me off but still its life. Im trying not to blow all of my money on the new cards tho i very much want to. I have a 3 color deck right now thats standard that Ive been having great luck with. Altho late game (turn 20 or so) my deck top decks absolulty useless stuff.
  10. firecracker37

firecracker37 New Member

Played almost non stop back in high school. I think it kinda faded out when I quit smoking pot lol.

My favorite card in my collection was an Italian "Sera Angel" misprint. It was printed on a blue card with the Time Spiral art.
  11. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Ill look tomorrow if I get time before the TorT's come looking for sugery goodness (and Im not referring to Cheri) It probably worth something. I just hate that work has banned every site that has something to do with me buying the cards. I mean its not like Im playing at work wtf?
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

I knew I heard my name.... :)
  13. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

shes aliiiiiiiivvvvvveeee!!!!! (in my best Dr. Frankenstein voice to start off the new day)
  14. firecracker37

firecracker37 New Member

I don't know if the value has changed much since I sold mine, but I think about $150 for that and a foil swamp misprint where the the bottom half of the card was above the art. They were both part of what we called our $10k BU death deck. It wasn't worth 10K but all the cards were either uber rare or misprints. I'll see if I still have the deck list up on Essential Magic.
  15. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

keep thos cards! :D
  16. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

it is amazing how this thread has been re-animated. Behold the power of the magic...(non-players shrug shoulders here)
    Sent from a spooky Q
  17. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Hopefully this will draw in people that enjoy our hobby. If so yay us :D.
  18. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Boohoohahaha

YAY!!!
    my new cards come in this Monday or Tuesday. Hello Cryptic Commands, Hello Shards of Alara complete common and uncommon set goodbye opponent :2cool: