Partial Q9 Crash...subsequent error message and loss of MMS function

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Microphone, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Microphone

Microphone New Member

Partial Q9 Crash...subsequent error message and loss of MMS function

Over the weekend my phone crashed...I guess. I consider a crash losing everything. What got wiped out was my messaging functions, with the exception of text messaging. I'm adding back my mail addresses (gmail, yahoo etc) one by one. It downloads everything successfully from each and the mail I received from each but when I'm done I get ERRORS at the top of the window and in the text:

"The following errors occurred while sending and receiving messages:
    An error occurred while downloading messages. Be certain you have network coverage and that your account information is correct and try again."

But it worked and downloaded the messages Why would I get that and CONTINUE to get it after each piece of mail AFTERWARDS.

ALSO

I lost my MMS function. I thought that was impossible to lose but the "crash" made it go away. I need to re add/configure it

Can anyone help me?

THANK YOU.
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

if you did a master reset you should do a few *228's to re-activate your services and update towers....
  3. Microphone

Microphone New Member

Spend the better part of the night with AT&T and Motorola. They wanted no part of my problem. Very disappointed.
  4. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

so..............u did the master reset then?
  5. Microphone

Microphone New Member

Nope just got done upgrading from Windows 6.0 to 6.1. It solved the problem. Backed everything up. Got most stuff saved, just reloading some stuff.