parrott hands free

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by joe libretti, Apr 18, 2008.

1. joe libretti

joe libretti New Member

parrott hands free

having a problem with the moto qm being connected to my hands free.
    i have a razor before the qm and never had a connection problem. now all of a sudden my new SMART PHONE will not keep a connection. i did go into the upsettings home screen and selected always on.. any suggestions??? really need this feature to work to stay married to this device...

joe
  2. saa001

saa001 New Member

Please post a review of the Parrot hands free when you do get it working. I have been thinking of getting one and would really like to know how it works before I spend that much money (I have the Q9m)

Thanks
  3. web1b

web1b New Member

The Parrot kits are nice, but I don't think he is going to get it working anytime soon because the Q9s have compatibility issues with many different handsfree kits across many different manufacturers.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

aaand welcome aboard.
  5. mcharron

mcharron New Member

I have a Parrot CK3100 and my Q9m works perfectly with it.
  6. web1b

web1b New Member

Hmm. Maybe it's a Q9c specific issue. I wonder what Sprint did to mess it up?
    I would buy a Parrot CK3000 kit and find out if it works with my Q9c, but there is no way to verify it will work without getting it installed and wasting that money.
    Multiple people have been complaining about bluetooth handsfree connection problems, so there is a greater than 50 percent chance it is doomed to fail.
  7. web1b

web1b New Member

Accord to this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmob...r=Sprint&f_brand=*all*&f_gps=Yes&f_threeG=Yes

6.1 update is coming soon and it includes some bluetooth-related updates.
    Maybe it will fix some issues and not make it even less compatible with current bluetooth kits.
    The 6.1 update may not be available until August though.
    The Parrot kits are a few years old now too. Maybe they will have new models soon that will better handle newer phones.
  8. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

I have a Q9h and a Parrot mini kit. It was not able to connect using the bluetooth 'headset' service. It has no problem connecting as a 'handsfree' service. The difference is you do not get to use more advanced features of the Parrot unless the phone is compatible with the 'headset' service. The advance feature is voice tagging and storing contacts on the parrot vs voice dialing through the phone.
  9. mcharron

mcharron New Member

I have a 9c from VZW and it seems to work fine with my Parrot CK3100. I can voice tag entrys on the parrot or use the 9c system.
  10. web1b

web1b New Member

9C is not on Verizon. That is a Sprint phone. I have been having bluetooth issues (the phone does not reliably disconnect after the calls ends) with my Sprint Q9c with the bluetooth on my Garmin GPS. I don't have any problems with the same bluetooth kit with my older HTC phone.
    If I delete the paring and repair as if it's a new phone, it seems to work fine for a few hours or a day and then the bluetooth hanging issue comes back.
    Others have been posting similar issues with this Sprint phone. so it seems risky for me to order a Parrot kit and pay for installation without being pretty sure it will not have the same issues especially since it is not on the list of approved phones on the Parrot site.
  11. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

what r u talking about theres a 9c for verizon
  12. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yup..9c..Verizon has too!

I saw at a BestBuy a Parrot demo on the floor that customers could pair to to test...could try that.
  13. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

no i was trying to state a fact cuz in the last page some 1 said verizon dint have the 9c
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I was agreeing with ya! :)
  15. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

o i thought u thught i was asking a question w/e im confusing my self
  16. web1b

web1b New Member

OK. I'll see if any of the local Best Buys have one set up that I can test my phone with..

One problem I've had has been that the bluetooth works fine for a little while and then starts hanging later. So, it might work in the demo and installed in my car at first and then have problems a few hours later like it does with my Garmin.
  17. goodli

goodli New Member

Could you please tell me how you got Q 9m and CK3100 to work?

Mine does not work at all. I have to do a quick call and hang up every time i start up my car! and does not read my address book or the caller cannot hear me. :frown:

Appreciate your help in advance...
  18. 5412

5412 New Member

Parrot bluetooth connection

I wish I could help but I can't. I have had my Q for a few weeks and tried to connect with Parrot with similar results. I can connect with an earpiece and it works fine. Also tried to connect with hands free that goes through radio speakers in a couple vehicles and had poor results.

regards,
    5412:frown: