Paramedic HS

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by southpawmedic, Jun 18, 2008.

1. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

SouthPaw,
    Im glad u like it. I use 20 percent highlight in fizz HS settings so its not too dark, & u still can see it when its highlighted. FYI
  2. southpawmedic

southpawmedic New Member

umm..that doesn't mean much to me unfortunately. I need to take some time and sit down to see how you are making these.
  3. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Hit Start Soft key, choose Fizz Weather, view, options, Menu soft key, Homescreen, Hilight=20
  4. southpawmedic

southpawmedic New Member

aha...well, I can't get my black soft keys to turn black. I have the black keys software put on my phone but for some reason it doesn't work.
  5. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Start/settings/homescreen/color scheme=black soft keys bgimage=default. then done. Turn power off/on & u should have it. Did u download Eko black soft keys cab onto q & run it?
  6. southpawmedic

southpawmedic New Member

I downloaded the zip file for black keys...unzipped and put two files onto my phone which were an xml file and a file that says blacks002. Am i missing something?
  7. southpawmedic

southpawmedic New Member

my smartmonitor doesn't show up either
  8. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

That is b/c these r both cab files & NOT zip files. download both, then transfer both cab files onto your q. It doesn't matter where on your Q, so just put both cab files into My Documents on your Q. Then on your Q, just click on those cab files 1 @ a time & follow the instructions. If any of them say that it might not show up right b/c it was made for a previous version, just ignore that & let them install. DO NOT UNZIP THE CAB FILES B4 U TRANSFER THEM TO YOUR Q.
  9. southpawmedic

southpawmedic New Member

ok...let me try here quick
  10. southpawmedic

southpawmedic New Member

BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks a ton Doc. One more thing....is there anyway we can change that clock to military time?
  11. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

After u get Smartmonitor & Eko black keys loaded, then if u haven't done so yet, unzip the ems.zip I made on your computer & drag the (I think there is 5 files in there) onto your Q in Application data>home. Then on your Q, Start->Settings->Home Screen: & choose these settings
    Home Screen Layout = EMS
    Color Scheme= Black Soft Keys
    Background Image = Default
    Hit done, then goto HS. All should be good. If u don't see Eko's black soft keys: Turn off. then on your Q. U should know see them. :smile:
  12. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Do u know how to edit xml files in Notepad?? it would take all of 30 sec. Or do u want me to make the change for u and upload the new HS zip file. Either way I don't care. If u decide to try this is what u do:
    copy ems.home.xml to desktop on your computer. Then right click on that file and choose edit. Then scroll down to near the bottom & look for this section and change the red highlighted section from 12 to 24

<plugin file="sysplug.dll" clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" height="42">
    <background b-border-width="0">
    </background>
    <clock>
    <time font-face="Arial" font-weight="bold" font-size="36" bgtext="transparent" halign="center" fgcolor="#f00303" mode="12" y="10" x="0" w="85"/>
    </clock>
    </plugin>

Then just save file with same name ems.home.xml and reload onto Q. Then choose a different HS, load, then choose a the ems HS, load, and Voila!!

If not, just let me know. I like teaching people otherwise I would have had it done faster than typing this out.:smile:
  13. southpawmedic

southpawmedic New Member

I'll try. Do I have to delete the old EMS HS before I install the new one?
  14. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

No, when u drag the new one over, it will ask if u want to write over (replace) the existing one. NOTE: it should be the same size in kb when u transfer the new one.
  15. southpawmedic

southpawmedic New Member

did it...and...it WORKS! Thank you much for the lesson. I may come to you later for another work of art.

Thank you again!!!
  16. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

No problem! Now u can dink with the Fizz settings like I stated earlier about highlighting in Fizz Weather if u want. Glad u like it. :smile:
  17. southpawmedic

southpawmedic New Member

I sure will...now I just need to come up with some unique EMS ringtones and text alerts
  18. crazykay

crazykay New Member

wow!! nice work doc!! looks awesome!! he will love that!! can't wait till he gets home to show him!!!
  19. Jmkimes

Jmkimes New Member

EMS everywhere here!

Awesome homescreen, I browse around here quite a bit and have learned a ton from these boards. I downloaded this and modified it a bit to my own style (as I do not have facade (YET) or orange installed (again, YET))

I was reading about some paramedics around this board so I will add myself to the list as #4 if there is only the 3 prior. . . Unless another one comes along before November. I'm halfway through my medic classes now and doing pretty well. I'm glad to see some more of us EMS people around :)

Keep up the AWESOME work, I'm just dabbling in HS stuff, so I may beseech some great knowledge one of these days :)
  20. crazykay

crazykay New Member

welcome aboard!! always good to see another member of the ems family!!