Pandora?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by manhattan123, Aug 6, 2006.

1. FlipBumWalla

FlipBumWalla New Member

Great thinking! If they hear from us enough, perhaps development might move up the queue. Maybe?
    Peregrine, can you share with us what you sent and to whom?
  2. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Pandora-info@pandora.com

They have pretty good support. I've emailed them a few times over a year and they have never NOT replied. Even to my "this system is awesome!" email. ;)
    Mike at Pandora wrote me back and said nothing conclusive. Something to the effect that WinMoby isn't as popular as other formats yet so it hasn't been a priority. All the more reason to write. Microsoft expects big market share gains this year. They are guessing at like a 50% increase.
    I should have sent Mike the link to their press release. ;)
  3. FlipBumWalla

FlipBumWalla New Member

Thanks! I just sent a simple message. I asked if they have the Q in the development queue at all.
    Let's see what they say - if anything.
  4. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

5. FlipBumWalla

FlipBumWalla New Member

I already got a reply from the Pandora folks. Nice response time.
    Is he suggesting that I get another phone just to be able to use Pandora? I'm a BIG fan, but c'mon. I have a Q for many reasons, some of which other phones just won't do.

So, we'll just keep nagging and see if we can get higher on the list.
  6. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

lol. In this day and age of 2 year contracts does he really think that's feasible?!? :rolleyes:
  7. sniffs

sniffs New Member

How is it they think that WinMo doesnt have the market share.. It's greater than iPhone and yet there's an iPhone Pandora app.. Not even Blackberry's, the #1 PDA phone in the market has a Pandora APP..

Come on.. the #1 and #2 devices on the market and they said that they arent as popular?? lol..

Pandora, get your act together and stop making the app for free/cheesy handsets..

I dont know about you, but I know people would use it more on the #1 and #2 devices, than the people who have those cheap clamshells..
  8. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

BB nor WinMobile are in the top 3.
    Most people still have "regular" non PDA type phones. I can understand Pandora supporting them.
    But the iPhone I don't get. That just blows me away.
    To wit:

Roughly 282 million cell phones were shipped in the first quarter of 2008 compared to 247.2 million in the same quarter last year.
    The big winners were South Korean handset vendors LG and Samsung, which grew the most, while the big losers were Motorola, Apple, and Sony Ericsson. Market leader Nokia held its ground for the most part.

Former number two handset maker Motorola, which has about 10 percent market share, is now in danger of losing its hold on the number three slot to LG, which now has 9 percent market share.

Apple, which operates exclusively on the value side, showed significant weakness. After three quarters of growth, the iPhone maker’s global market share fell for the first time ever from 0.7 percent in Q4 2007 to 0.6 percent in Q1 2008.
  9. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Oops. Those were WORLDWIDE numbers.

Apple experienced a bit of a setback in the U.S. smartphone market during the first quarter after coming out of nowhere last year to rank among the top companies.
    According to data compiled by IDC, Apple's still the second-leading smartphone maker in the U.S. behind Research in Motion and the BlackBerry franchise. But it lost market share going from the fourth quarter to the first at the expense of RIM and Palm, according to the figures provided by IDC analyst Ramon Llamas.
    RIM's market share went from 35.1 percent in the fourth quarter to 44.5 percent in the first, while Apple's dropped from 26.7 percent in the fourth quarter to 19.2 percent in the first. Palm's Centro lifted that company's market share to 13.4 percent in the first quarter, up from 7.9 percent in the fourth. Samsung and HTC ranked fourth and fifth in the U.S. market with 8.6 percent and 4.1 percent of the market, respectively.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-9957776-37.html?hhTest=1
  10. sniffs

sniffs New Member

I was referring to PDA handsets overall, not just in a year/quarter.. #1 = Blackberry, #2 = WinMo, #3 = iPhone..

there's 14 or so million BB users.. come on, how many of them would love a Pandora app? probaly every single one of them..

I have a BB Curve and would love one.. Although my Q9h is 3g.. so I'd want the WinMo version first! =P
  11. gopena

gopena New Member

used it on my samsung phone. it's ok but it's $3/mo
  12. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Due to a charge on one of my phones I went to Pandora and for giggles made a "Snoop Dogg" channel.
    I've been listening to it for 3 days now.

Now app available and a charge if it were. But the desktop version is free /=
    Tried it with IE6 and Flash Player 7, and wouldn't you know it takes to much memory.
    You'd almost think they did that on purpose, if they didn't.

Don't ask.
  13. FlipBumWalla

FlipBumWalla New Member

Bump

Any success? Anyone? Anyone?
  14. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Skyfire??????????????
  15. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

not for pandora .
    I last. fm and scrobbler is an alternative .
  16. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Anyone want to Buddy Up on Pandora?
    I am:
    7eregrine
    Recommended Station for you to Listen to is my "GOOD ALT ROCK" station.
  17. tampanole

tampanole New Member

Pandora software for Smartphone up

So my heart skipped a beat when I went to Pandora.com. I was able to download a program that hasn't been there in the past.

The downer is I can't get it to work. It finds all my pandora stations, etc. but hangs trying to connect to Pandora for streaming.

Anyone else have any luck?

-TampaNole

Update- A hard reset fixed the streaming problem.
  18. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

Care to share the cab? I can't find it.
  19. Shenemanz

Shenemanz New Member

20. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member