Pandora on my Moto Q9c

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by craiggiarc, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Lutorius

Lutorius New Member

Pandor won't connect on Q9c with Verizon

I have a Q9C with Verizon and had pandora installed and working for quite awhile. I went out to Pandora the other day and downloaded the updated program and now it won't connect after starting the app. It says connecting for a quite awhile then says the following message.

We're experiencing network communication difficulties. Please try again later.

Anyone have any ideas? this makes me sad. :frown:
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I just checked my Pandora with the same results. I'm sure it was just fine last time I used it and I'm on VZW also. Guess I'll "try back later." :) -Q
  3. Lutorius

Lutorius New Member

Not good...

Yeah, hopefully Verizon hasn't pulled the rug out from under us because they weren't making money by me listening to Pandora. :angry:
  4. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Same issue here on AT&T..
  5. Lutorius

Lutorius New Member

It finally started working this afternoon again. I wonder what was up with it.
  6. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

I dont remember where I read this but .... Pandora says that they had to put limits on the bandwith the app uses for verizon customers :embarassed: or they would not be able to provide the service.
  7. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish New Member

Sprint here and I can't connect either, just get the connecting message and then the network communication message :frown:
  8. bliss_s

bliss_s New Member

Still not available

Pandora was working on my 9c through CREDO (Sprint is the underlying carrier for CREDO) until last week mid-week... stopped and I haven't been able to get the stream back since then...
    :(
    Anyone else still having this problem?
    Solutions?
  9. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Seems to be working okay on my USCC Q9c this morning.
  10. Q-er

Q-er New Member

Pandora Hack

itshardwork
    Does anyone else have a problem with the it going to the next track before the song is finished? It plays most of the song, just not all the way through. Anyone have this happen to them and/or have any suggestions for this?

I looked through the entire thread and didn't see anything addressing this (I could have just missed it).

Thanks in advance...

Didn't see anyone answer this yet. Found this hack on ppcgeeks.

"use a reg editor and change HKLM > COMM > Tcpip > Params > Tcpwindowsize to 98304 from 415030."
  11. gakz

gakz New Member

is pandora still having problems with vzw on Q9c's?
  12. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

works fine on my verizon Q

-Sent from my Q9n
  13. OklahomaHoss

OklahomaHoss Member

Maybe someone can help me with my particular Pandora problem.

I've had it playing perfectly fine on a Q9c before with no problems. Recently I switched to a different Q9c and and now Pandora will not play for me at all. Or, to be more exact, there is no sound. It's as though Pandora is muted. I've cranked the volume control in both directions to no effect and the phone plays all other sounds just fine, whether it's music on my media player or the alarm or the ringer. It plays just fine with headphones as well. It's just as though Pandora itself has been muted.

It downloaded just fine, and installed with no problems and when I access the program on my phone as you would normally do, you get all the correct menus: connecting, song now playing, thumbs up and down, as well as the ability to skip forwards and backwards and the menu option and everything.

Just no sound.

I've looked and looked and I can't find any volume control menu within the Pandora program so I dont know what to do.

I've even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, and its still silent.

I sent an e-mail to Pandora support and the dingleberry that asnwered said that the Q9c isn't a supported device, when of course we know that it is. Not to mention this link

http://www.pandora.com/on-windowsmobile

Someone help me out here, please.
  14. ryant35

ryant35 Member

Try changing your profile to normal. Sometimes when mine is on vibrate I don't get sound from all programs.