Pandora on my Moto Q9c

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by craiggiarc, Dec 9, 2008.

1. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

I am trying to reproduce this problem but I really can't. I'm on Verizon and my Q9C has run Pandora flawlessly since I installed it a week or so ago.

It even runs in the background well. I have had no problems whatsoever.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

How is the sound quality when using headphones, if you do? I get a hiss. Cant hear it without them though.
  3. Militman

Militman New Member

Has anyone figured out how to completely remove pandora from the q? I installed and now I have 4 folder icons stuck on my hotkey bar on the main screen.
  4. JBK617

JBK617 New Member

You can go into the registry and remove what ever remnants of Pandora is left.

If you need a registry editor look in the sticky for Hacks there are several links for editors there
  5. Militman

Militman New Member

I will try and look for a registery sticky on the hacks link. I cant find the registery folder in the phone. Thanks though.
  6. JBK617

JBK617 New Member

Registry is not a folder, if you are fam;iar with Windows it's the same principal. I would back up your phone before doing anything in the registry
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

did you uninstall via the remove programs section? and whats a hotkey bar?..your most recently used apps bar? if so those dead links will cycle through
  8. Militman

Militman New Member

No i never had it fully installed. I was checking to see where to place the .cab file in a few good places but everytime I tried to open the file it said I was missing a part of the app. So I gave up and removed the file but I seen that the icons on the most recently used bar do cycle through. Thanks, I think that is what I will do is just open some programs to get them off. Do you know where I was suppose to place the .cab app for pandora? Thanks.

I am usually pretty good at this, as I would always create my own theme via script in J-something forgot the name, but usually computer savy. This is my first windows mobile and I am loving the Q, but it is tearing me up. I will get it though. :tounge:
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

just put the cab in my documents or something and then go click on it via the q to install....and make sure you have a good cab!
  10. Militman

Militman New Member

I went ahead and thanked both of you for your help. I appreciate the quick response. It was just the most recent used app. Nothing in the registry and I just cycled through and they were gone for good.
  11. Militman

Militman New Member

Ok, I really want pandora on my win mobile. I keep trying and cant get it even to install. The link on the first page of this thread 6 post down, when I download it, it read pandora.cab.tgz. My phone wont read it like that. If I take off the tgz and then put it on the phone it tries to load but freezes. Is there something special I am suppose to do. I have an Alltel Q9c and there is another here that said they got it to work. I think Philly.
  12. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

http://pandora.com/mobile/download/offdeck/pandora.cab

here ya go, you can even download it directly on your phone. (thats what I did :))
  13. Militman

Militman New Member

I have tried that link before. It still takes me to the site just to tell me my phone does not support pandora. Many alltel customers have gotten the .cab file from elsewhere( of course dont know where) and it worked beautifully.
  14. sherri

sherri Active Member

15. Militman

Militman New Member

Awesome downloaded it directly to my phone and it read it. Now I am listening as we speak. Thanks.:tounge:
  16. sherri

sherri Active Member

Glad you got it working! (Rudeboy saves the day, yet again!!:laugh2:)
  17. Kevin57

Kevin57 New Member

Okay, I've downloaded the cab file to my phone via my computer. How do i get it to "open" on my phone? I have extracted the file through zip but I'm at a loss from there....
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

on yur q...click on the unopened .cab...via file explorer. the installation will then begin.
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

please read the faq section
    never unzip a cab file....this posted all over the place..thats NOT how to install a file

move the cab to the q then click on it with the q file manager

-Sent from my Q9n
  20. JBK617

JBK617 New Member

Had to post this 2 great things together LOL

Attached Files: