Palringo

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by oddllama, Sep 13, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh ok... i see :}

and yep, program is cool but my phone's number 1 function is to be a phone that works and with a empty battery it's not much of a phone :}
  2. cheri

cheri Active Member

i use the Q for more than the phone functions and that is why i got it as a gift for my birthday :) from my son.

i do wish the battery was not so whimpy.
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh i definitely use it for a lot more them just the phone, it pretty much contains my life both professional as private :} but if i can do without a program that sucks the life out of the battery i will..
  4. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey all,

It would be nice if this program could be enginered to 'catch' incoming and outgoing SMS - to act as a SMS thread program. It seems that the technology is there for the Q, it just needs to be 'played with'
    to unlock the potential...

Thanks,

MatT!
  5. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

palringo does that too
    you can send voice messages to other users
  7. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I think Yap doesnt require both parties to have the appliction though. I dont know too many peopl with Smartphones/PPC. So this may be more useful for me.
  8. n99hockey

if the other party doesnt need the program then yea thats pretty cool

i didnt realize that it puts your speech into text...palringo send an actual voice message
  9. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Yeah. I've been looking all over for a program like this. I text alot. So with having a the 6800, this will be great for driving.
  10. n99hockey

i dont understand....why not just make a phone call at that point
    lol
  11. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Hhahahha,. True. I dont know if its just me, but I'm finding that people communicate and can speak more freely text messages now then talking on the phone. Besides, so of my female friends are annoying to talk to on the phone.
  12. n99hockey

hahahaha i see your point:laugh2:
  13. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I knew you would. :laugh2:
  14. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

YAP seems neat. However, do perform how it claims it must be constantly waiting for audio to zap to the server....i could see the performance and battery problems now....but that's fine cause i like the concept.... unless there's a hot key to activate on the fly - that would be cool. any betas of this out there?
  15. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Yeah, that would be good. I have a 2100 battery on my PPC6800. So I'm not to worried.
  16. ijablokov

ijablokov New Member

Hello from Yap HQ!

Hi guys,

We've been reading your entertaining thread. :) And yes, there's plenty of use cases when you'll want text to pop out on the other end...reaching out to multiple folks simultaneously, doing a Google search, etc.

Rest assured that you'll be able to run it in the background with near zero battery hit...it's designed to help you & then get the heck out of the way. We hired the industry's leading power management architect (he previously worked on the iPod), so rest assured we have that covered. In fact, we were able to send a couple thousand messages before the battery drained on a test unit...and it wasn't on a full charge to begin with. Oh, and it was a 3G device with a notorious battery life to start. ;-)

Keep your feedback coming & get ready to yap on! Please signup for our newsletter & you'll know as soon as we turn the lights on (right now we're in closed trials).

Regards,
    i.
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

i would try this out. my daughters cell has a regular keypad and its a PIA to text on it.
  18. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

cool. I already signed up for the newsletter. I can't wait.:laugh2:
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

glad we could contribute to your entertainment... :}

we like it when developers swing by here to check out the feedback that else perhaps not all ends up with those developers. i used Palringo for a few hours last friday and the battery when downhill pretty quick... in fact so quick that i didn't run the program since. overall i am pretty satisfied with the battery life and there was nothing different then any other day besides using Palringo. and for the record i was/am not the only one that experienced it..

overall though, a great app..
  20. ijablokov

ijablokov New Member

No worries...conceptually certain developers in the messaging realm are on the right path, but it's the execution that matters. Case in point, other early search engines had more features than Google out of the gate, but speed and accuracy always win in the end.

The same goes for mobile messaging...you have to account for ease of install/use, power/radio management, not stepping on the carriers/device makers/portals, etc. Not for the faint of heart. But you guys will definitely be surprised when you see where this ends up. And you'll immediately recognize your feedback being important to where Yap evolves into, since you guys make up the early wave of high tech. :)