"Packed Themes"

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by diannenet, Apr 29, 2008.

1. diannenet

diannenet New Member

"Packed Themes"

Hi, I have installed a couple of the "packed" themes where it tells me I can edit the phone number in the Dialer by copying and pasting the .xml file into notepad and change the phone number there. So I opened the zip file, double clicked on the xml file which opens in a different window, I allowed Active Content to download, selected all, copied and pasted into a word document. I changed the phone number to my number.What do I do next? Where do I put it once I've changed the phone number? Also, the buttons (with 1,2,3,etc.) don't have anything in them. Where do I go to put what I want on the buttons (numbers)? Sorry for all the questions but I'm new at this and have learned a LOT thanks to this forum. Help please..................

Dianne
  2. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

I've never used Word to edit any xml. I would open zip file, save xml to desktop (on computer), right click on xml, choose edit. This then opens the xml in Notepad so that u can edit the numbers in the xml. Edit numbers where needed, save xml file with same name in notepad, & make sure it is named as i.e. yourfile.home.xml and then load onto Q in Application Data>home.:smile:

Also, post your file here so that we can take a look at it and highlight the area where u would want the numbers put in. To post file here: Save file as i.e. yourfile.home.txt and upload in your next post.
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea, don't use M$ Word... unless you make 100% sure you save it as a plain tascii text file...
  4. diannenet

diannenet New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH! The way you worded it makes perfect sense. If I have more problems I will definitely post the file here. Thanks again for your help. I'm still playing around with Facade and learning each time I change something. Any tips about Facade? I finally figured out how to get three columns!

Dianne
  5. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Good job on the 3 columns! It is definetly a try & learn type of program, with a steep learning curve. There are 2 manuals that go with the program found on the SBSH forum which should answer most questions. Any Q's that don't get answered that way, either post em in the SBSH forum, or here and someone should be able to help.:smile:
  6. diannenet

diannenet New Member

7. diannenet

diannenet New Member

FOUND THEM! Thanks..........................