P.C. Software question?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by carlg, May 30, 2007.

1. carlg

carlg New Member

P.C. Software question?

I was wondering if anyone in the family out there has ever used,is using,considered using,or even ever heard of "KASPERSKY"anti-virus/anti-spyware software from kaspersky labs?Circuit City sells this particular product,along with all the others,of course.

About 4 days ago I purchased a new gateway notebook from Best-Buy,and I was shopping around for anti-virus software to replace the McAPHEE (spelling?) software that came pre-installed on the computer. I talked to the fire-dog rep about the software, and he assured me that installing the kaspersky software would be the best move you could possibly make for your P.C's protection. (Imagine that!) So I decided to research it a little more. I happened to come across the new june issue of P.C. WORLD magazine. As luck would have it they were running an article on their top 8 anti-virus/spyware software. Well, I'll give ya 3 guesses what their No.1 ranked choice was? You guessed it, "KASPERSKY".

I had it installed on my notebook,and I could not be happier with it. Out of the box it's set to automatically update every HOUR. You dont even know it's there! In the two days I've had it, I have yet to see a pop-up,a whistle, a fog horn, or any of those constant,annoying things tha seem to happen every 5 minutes with the other software. The re-subscription price,after the 12 month you buy, is only $35. Oh, and one of the best hooks of the whole thing: the support is FREE!

So to end this ramble, I just wondered if anyone out there has had any experience with this wonderful software?

Thanks, as always :smile::smile::smile:
  2. Suture

Suture New Member

It has widely been considered the best for a while, however the interface needs some work. Earlier versions were very user unfriendly. AOL licensed Kaspersky, and you can get their free version of it, but it is a resource hog. The lack of marketing hasn't helped get it's name out, either. But it has received more recognition of late.
  3. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Kaspersky

I hadn't heard that Kaspersky was the best, but Kaspersky Labs has been doing security research for years (see the About Kaspersky page for more information). I thought their antivirus software was relatively new, though (compared to Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro and others).

One program I've heard good things about lately is NOD32. I don't use it, but I've seen unsolicited praise for it in other forums.

Steve