Ozone Profile ???

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by Rob517, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Rob517

Rob517 New Member

Ozone Profile ???

I'm pretty much set on ditching my BB Curve for the Ozone but have one question that I could not get answered by reading the manual online. As far as profiles go, can you set the phone to ring only for the specific contacts you want? On my Curve only the contacts I choose will ring and the rest do nothing or vibrate only...If I can do something similar on the Ozone I'm in for one ASAP. Reason is that I am on call for work and need certain numbers to always ring but don't enjoy the other numbers waking me up.

Oh and one other question about Mobile IM clients. I know that if I use the Verizon shortcut to AIM it counts against my text messages to send and receive AIM messages. But what if I download the actual AIM mobile client instead like on the Curve...will that use data instead of counting against my text messages?

Thanks for the help. Nice forum.

Rob
  2. sherri

sherri Active Member

Hi, Rob! Welcome to the "family". I have a Moto Q, so I can't help you too much with the Ozone profile questions. However, there seems to be some disagreement at VZW with the AIM applications.

My kids have "non-smart" phones. Downloading the AIM app used data for the actual download, but from there on in, it uses text. We have unlimited text, so no problems. However, and I would check this and possibly get it in writing, on the smartphones, AIM uses data. I would check and re-check, because even though you need a data plan, pay per usage (or kb) is still a data plan, and you don't want any surprises on your bill.

Good luck!
  3. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

go find a silent mp3 ringtone and set that as the custom rigtone for the contacts you want
  4. chinch

chinch New Member

I haven't set it up yet (i should) but windows mobile contacts allows a custom ring tone for each phone book entry (overriding the profile's selected ringtone).

AIM if it's running on your data plan (sending & receiving AIMs) should not count against text allowances unless they're sent to your phone #.

5. Rob517

Rob517 New Member

Awesome...thats exactly what I needed to know. I tried to have a VZW employee ring the phone and see if it would override the profile setting but they didn't want to have their number in the phone...I don't blame them.

How is the battery life for you so far? Thats the only hangup I see about getting it. I know WiFi probably eats it up but I am not a fan of that anyway. I just surf via EVDO and tether.

Thanks again,

rob
  6. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

If you are using the VZW Mobile IM client, it uses txt AND data
  7. chinch

chinch New Member

battery life is not as good as my old MotoQ9c with extended (large/bulky) battery but it is pretty good given all this phone does. turn off wifi & bluetooth (and gps if you like) if it's not needed and battery is crucial. i fetch a few mailboxes automatically every 15 minutes.

that said i always leave home w/ a full charge & have usb chargers handy in the car, etc.