Ozone or BB Curve?

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by jknight4200, Jul 31, 2009.

1. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Ozone or BB Curve?

Ok, I've had the Ozone for about 3 weeks now.. no major issues yet. But I can still return it and get the Blackberry Curve if I want to - just wanted to get the opinion of others. The Ozone has had an occasional dropped call and seems to be getting slower every day that I have it. I just don't want any problems down the road and BB's have been around forEver. What do you guys/gals think?? I've seen a threaded SMS app for the BB out there because that is a big deal to me.. other than that as long as it is a smartphone (which i think it is?) that I can add certain apps to I think I'd like the Curve. Anyone know if you can sync with Outlook contacts/calendar? Is the calendar on the Curve similar to the Ozone? (yes i've done a little research but wanted an opinion of someone who has used/had one first hand)

TIA!
  2. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Ozone!!!!!!!!!!
    Curves are extremely limited
  3. sherri

sherri Active Member

BB does sync to Outlook. However, it is a totally different operating system. I, myself, prefer the WM system. Also, the Curve on Verizon is an older BB. The Tour is the newest (and most expensive), and the Storm is all touchscreen.

I have been trying to learn the OS of the BB for quite a while, but something about teaching an old dog new tricks???:tounge: It does many things "natively", such as playing YouTube videos out of the box. I still have the "old" Q (WM5), but I prefer it to my husbands Curve.

Just my .02
  4. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Yeah I'm thinking I'm going to stick with the Ozone. No sense in trying to learn a whole new operating system! Plus I like thiS forum!
  5. KleyP

KleyP New Member

I am going through the same thought process, with about 2 days left on my 30 day trial. I was a long term bberry user and had been using a MotoQ for about 1.5 years until I dropped it in the ocean by mistake earlier this month.

My Ozone has been a much more reliable performer than any of the MotoQs I had, and I haven't had a performance degradation. Here are the only 4 things I don't like about it:

1. I keep bumping the dial key because it wraps around the side of the phone, and it dials the last number on my call list. This is very annoying and could be potentially embarrassing. I will have to purchase a different holster that protects the buttons.
    2. Numbers on the keyboard are on a diagonal. I prefered the straight up and down grid on the Moto.
    3. Windows update doesn't work. I worked with VZ tech support for about an hour and they couldn't fix it. Various forums seem to indicate that VZ might have the functionality disabled for this phone, for now.
    4. in the browser, the cursor does not jump to the next link or input box, instead you have to scroll (slowly) using the buttons.

As for the Bberry Tour, I looked at it yesterday. It is identical in size to the Ozone. Here is why I am keeping the Ozone (despite the above):

1. prefer windows mobile and really like the HTC home screen. it is very easy to access emails/txts and the internet.
    2. the bberry browser is still lousy. It may be that the settings were off on the several Tours I played with, but for the few sites I visit regularly, the Ozone's browswer is much better.
    3. roller ball is too small and flighty; i can see getting carpal thumb joint syndrome. Also, you have to be very careful with the movements or you go too far on the screen.