ozone mobile email

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by jknight4200, Jul 11, 2009.

1. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

ozone mobile email

Has anyone tried the mobile email app that comes with the phone? does it provide push email? any extra cost?
  2. dowop

dowop New Member

I believe it is the one produced by oz. www.oz.com which is now owned by Nokia. I used it on my Q for a bit, but couln't get the audiable notifications to work so I trashed it and went with Flexmail for true IMAP-PUSH. Other than that it worked well.
  3. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Push has been built in to WM since V5. There is no such thing as IMAP Push. Only IMAP Idle. Tmail does not support IMAP Idle but Flexmail does as dowop says.
  4. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Bump

Has anyone tried this app yet? Just wondering how it works for yahoo or hotmail as far as "push type" delivery goes.... and if Verizon charges you to install either a one time or monthly fee?
  5. KennyG

KennyG New Member

I have 3 3mail accounts setup through this application. in the settings you can select "how often" the program looks for new email. I have mine set to chech every half hour as email ios not an instant way to get ahpold of me. It works great for managing new emails from multiple accounts. if you have the data plan from verizon then there is no cost associated with using it.
  6. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Thank you for your reply. Is "as email arrives" an option on how often the program looks for new email? What would be the benefit of using this program as opposed to the built-in outlook e-mail program that is already installed?
  7. KennyG

KennyG New Member

I went to look in the settings for the email program I use on the Ozone, and it's the default "Messaging" (outlook) program. I have my 3 email accounts setup through that program, not the "Mobile Email" program. I spoke without fully understanding your original post. Sorry for the confusion.:frown:
  8. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Oh, I gotcha. No problem. Thanks for trying!