Ozone Home Screen Stops Updating

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by BCCHowdy, Oct 23, 2009.

1. BCCHowdy

BCCHowdy New Member

Ozone Home Screen Stops Updating

Hello everyone!

I have a recurring issue with my phone that is taking the fun out of ozone ownership. I'm on the Verizon network running stock wm 6.1. I'll get a vibration letting me know I have a new message whether it's an exchange e-mail, google e-mail, or SMS text. First glance at the summary screen will show I have a new message. When I scroll down to preview, the message doesn't show. I have to push the mail button and go to the mailbox to see it. The preview / shortcut no longer works. After I do a soft reset it does. It happens almost every day!! Any ideas on what might be causing it?

Thanks,

-Howdy
  2. bchill

bchill New Member

I have the same issue. I haven't had any luck finding a solution to it.

Bump.
  3. BCCHowdy

BCCHowdy New Member

I'm hoping WM 6.5 will fix it. I'd try a xda cooked ROM but I don't want to bork it! Or brick it. Verizon needs to just hurry up put out an official release. Anybody hear anything on that?

-Howdy
  4. BCCHowdy

BCCHowdy New Member

Ok so what I've been able to determine is the problem appears to be related to the "home screen". I need to confirm this again the next time it happens, but when I'm having this issue if I change from "HTC Home" to anything else, then change back it seems to update properly. No need for a soft reset. If I confirm this to be true then I wonder if there's an issue with the "HTC Home" sliding setup xml. If so I will try the custom sliding home screen posted on here and see if that solved the problem. Looks like 6.5 is getting closer to release. Maybe that'll fix it. *fingers crossed*