Ozone Data Connection

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by jknight4200, Jul 10, 2009.

1. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Ozone Data Connection

Does this have to be turned on in order for the internet to work? (Meaning if it's turned off and I launch Internet Explorer will it turn on automatically)Do the rest of you turn it off when you are not using the internet or just leave it on all of the time? Is there any way for it to turn itself off when not in use?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

huh?
    you didnt activate data? or when you turn on a phone and you want to know if its using data?

not sure what you mean
  3. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Sorry for the confusion!

The Comm Manager has an option for Data Connection on or off. When I first got it the internet wouldn't connect..then I realized that I needed to turn that to on... which means its constantly connected and I'm thinking that will reduce the battery life throughout the day...
  4. n99hockey

i cant say for sure
    but i think thats just so you dont use any data if you dont want or if you are in a bad area and dont want it to keep checking for email if it has trouble connecting..and if its on you will be able to use it kind of like how a Q has an always on data connection but only uses it when it needs to (email, internet, or other)

now i dont have an Ozone, i am just speculating
    but i suppose you could monitor it for a few days and see what results you wind up with
  5. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Yeah I'm thinking that's going to be my best option for most things since it's such a new device.. Thanks for the input!
  6. n99hockey

no problem
    definitely keep us posted
  7. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

Well, just for kicks I'll post here. I haven't had the need to enable the 'data connection' on my Ozone to get on the net. From my understanding, I think that setting has something to do with tethering.
  8. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

It's like the Q. No need to worry if it remains connected to the net.
  9. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

Yeah, I found out that it has nothing to do with tethering, and even if I turn it off, next time the phone needs it, it turns it back on anyway.