Ozone customizing Question

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by FernBchQ, Sep 12, 2009.

1. FernBchQ

FernBchQ New Member

Ozone customizing Question

I just received an Ozone from VZW this week. So far so good. I like the phone and many of it's features and overall it's real easy to use. One thing I have noticed, however, is the weather feature has a minor glitch. I know the info on how to do it has to be here somewhere, but I can not find it. I want the weather for my city on the home screen. If you go online for more cities, it's there, but will not update to my device's home screen. I have searched for it and found some info, but the steps on how to make the mods are for the touch and other phones.

Basically my issue is this: I have edited the xml file and added the info for my city, but I can't copy it the the device. When I try to copy it I get the following message:

Cannot copy HH_409_WeatherCities: Access is denied.

What do I need to do to get this file to overwrite the file on the device? Is there a setting hidden somewhere that will give me permission to do this operation? At this point I'm a little stumped and am having a hard time finding the info on the net. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike
  2. FernBchQ

FernBchQ New Member

Ok, I've figured it out. Copy the HH_409_WeatherCities.xml file to your desktop and add the city you want to the list. The best way is to copy and paste another entry and edit it to be the city you want. then copy it back to your device. From there use a file manager program like Resco and copy it to the appropriate directory. When I first tried it out the new city was there, but it wouldn't retrieve any data. I turned my device off, removed the battery, waited 30 sec, and restarted it.