Oxios Memory?????

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by cbenn126, Jul 20, 2006.

1. cbenn126

cbenn126 New Member

Oxios Memory?????

Has anyone tried the Oxios Memory yet? If so, is it reliable? I am just tired of doing Master Resets :)
  2. dodgerdann

dodgerdann New Member

Yeah it's cool! The icon is a SKULL and you press it and it shows the before/after .... good stuff.
  3. Stryker

Stryker New Member

Oxios

I've tried it out and it does free up ram and close apps. Only problem I've found is it doesn't close all apps. Still having to go to kill apps through task manager. The Ram it does free for me is usually 500k to 1.5 mb. But I haven't really noticed a change in responsiveness, etc. in Q. I'll keep playing with it for now though.
  4. sfDub

sfDub New Member

Just downloaded... can't wait to see how well this works for myself... though i've made it a habit to kill apps every so often... i HATE doing that, and feel we should have to (i now digress) but i'll manage if i don't have to do it so often...
  5. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

What is the advantage of this program over the 'application killer'?

-Simpson
  6. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

This app broadcasts the WM_HIBERNATE message to all running apps on the Q. This is a message that is normally sent by the operating system to either tell apps that the device is about to hibernate, or is low on memory. Most apps respond to this by taking things that are stored in memory and persisting them onto storage media. So if an app has a 3 meg file cached into memory, it may for instance, write that cached data to disk in anticipation of the system shutting down or going into hibernation. So... bottom line is, this memory freeing app will really only work as well as the running applications respond to the hibernate message. Your mileage may vary.
  7. Snarf

Snarf New Member

no phone after oxios app killer

I used oxios for a few days and tried to make a call and I couldn't make any phone calls wheather I dialed it or used the contact list not shure why but I had to restart my phone to get the phone to work I think its killing the phone app cause its non essential to windows but it is essential to a phone so I deleted the app.
  8. Stryker

Stryker New Member

Oxios

I've been using this for a week now but haven't had any problems yet. Is yours installed to phone or memory card. I installed to card and works fine.