Outlook password?

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by Brentzilla, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Brentzilla

Brentzilla New Member

Outlook password?

I synced a few times fine, then all the sudden outlook wants a password or it wont sync my contacts and calender..... I dont ever remember entering or setting up a password for it. Ive downloaded several password detector type programs but cant figure out what it might be. Any way to override the password part of syncing with outlook? Also I no longer have my install cd's :embarassed: I may just have to buy a new version for my desktop and install it on the laptop too. But one runs XP and one Vista which looks like it might cause problems?
  2. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I just did a fast search to back up my theory. Assuming you have Office/Outlook 2003...

You may want to try running Help -> Detect and Repair in Outlook, then uninstall and reinstall ActiveSync.
    I hope this helps you.

@ RudeBoy *I'm learning Outlook againest my will, RB*
  3. Shouldn't be a problem using vista and XP. I didn't have problems (I am now totally converted to vista)
  4. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

And how do you like Vista? I have never had an issue with it, been using it since December of last year. SP1 definitely sped up the boot/update install times for hotfixes. I just don't understand why people hate it so much, its a solid OS.
  5. For my 1000th post:thumbup::

I love vista. I use both home and business, with the aero interface. No problems, except with alternate DNS ip addresses. Vista doesn't like to have a manually entered alternate dns address in. It would rather find it on its own. Problem right now is that at work, EQ is the only site that works for me. My t1 line goes from pa to nj back to pa and then to the outside world. its like being on slow dialup....the 14.4 modem days.
  6. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Congrats on the 1000th:laugh2:
  7. Brentzilla

Brentzilla New Member

unfortunately I cant even get that far into outlook to go to the help tab

I did by 2007 Office from my school but I can only use it one one of my two computers so Ill just bite the bullet and use it on my laptop to replace the 2003 version. Hell maybe Ill find a Cd Key so I can use it on my desktop too or buy the key from ms
  8. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Dang, sorry to hear about that. It's just corrupted then, huh? Is your computer under warranty? Call tech support & see if they can help you? Let us know how you make out.
  9. Brentzilla

Brentzilla New Member

I made out ok, got outlook up and running, just no mail severs set up yet (ill be back for help on those too lol) but at least my contacts and calender are backed up and my software is updated now too. Im gonna start to try and install some programs on the q too after work tomorrow :laugh2:
  10. Jhon_Steve

Jhon_Steve New Member

I think your PST flie have been encrypted. Even if you forget the password for the encrypted PST file, you can still decrypt it by using some Outlook data recovery tools. In the following table, in “Outlook and PST Format Support” section, if for a given tool, the “Recover encrypted PST files without the password” is checked, then that tool can recover encrypted PST files:

http://www.datanumen.com/aor/compare.htm

Most of the tools also provide a free demo so you can try first.

Steve
  11. fandan

fandan New Member

Hi,you can use free trial of the wobderful software:password Recovery Bundle
    It is an all-in-one password recovery software, which recover password for Windows, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, RAR/WinRAR, ZIP/WinZIP, PDF etc. Over 70+ types of passwords can be recovered instantly. A useful password recovery software for both newbie and expert with no technical skills required. No need to call in an expensive PC technician

welcome to the wonderful cyhgoodsoft studio<<URL=cyhgoodsoft<<system tools<<data recovery
    hope this can help you ,thanks!