Outlook Calendar Sync

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by kedwards, Dec 14, 2010.

1. kedwards

kedwards New Member

Is there a way to get my Focus to sync with my Outlook Calendar? My older windows phone would do it through active sync.
  2. Cerif27

Cerif27 New Member

I dealt with this moving stuff from my iPhone to my WP7. Do everything through Live and you'll actually always have it. I don't have a tutorial to link to but there are many out there. I dropped all my contacts and calenders to a file. I then uploaded/synced the file with my live calender and contacts list. I have had to completely reload my phone SEVERAL times and every single time it has completely synced everything back up the second I logged into live on the phone. Seamless experience.
  3. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Member

You can also use the Outlook connector for Windows Live and drag and drop from your existing Outlook calendar into the Live calendar.
  4. kedwards

kedwards New Member

Could I get some simple to follow step by step directions for one of these ways please? I am not the most techie of people, but it should not be this hard to sync microsoft with microsoft. I downloaded Outlook connector, but haven't figured out how to make it work.
  5. starsprite

starsprite New Member

Recently, I encounter a terrible issue about sync my Windows Phone 7 and outlook. I searched much online for solution, but most of them seems to have long steps which made feel confused. After taking long time, I found this one guide which helped me to solve my issue step by step. Also, there are some screenshots and videos in it to let me follow up easily. I haven’t thought that to fix tech issue can be so friend experience. I would like to share it with you and wish it can be helpful for others who have the same issue as me.

http://bit.ly/dQBiTb

I like itJ
  6. Michael Pilmenstein

Michael Pilmenstein New Member

How to sync your Samsung Focus with your Outlook 2003 Calendar and Contacts without the Exchange Server and Windows Live account.
    Recently, I have retired my Samsung Blackjack and replaced it with Samsung Focus. On my question how do I sync my Contacts and Calendar with my new phone the AT&T store clerk said – simply connect your phone to your computer, download the Zune software and it will sync automatically. He forgot to mention that if you have Outlook 2003 and you do not have the Exchange email server you are for some fun time searching for the solution for the syncing. After a couple of weeks of frustration I have found a solution that had worked for me, and I would like to share it with you.
    Your first step is to purchase the CompanionLink Software on http://www.companionlink.com/ website. On the website choose to sync Outlook with Windows Phone 7. The software is $39.95, but if you wish just to try it free there is a 14-day free version available. Next step is to create a Google account. Go to the Google website; on the top RHS click on ‘Sign in’; under ‘Don’t have a Google Account?’ click on ‘Create an account now’. Sign in to your account; on the top next to ‘Mail’ click on ‘more’; the menu drops down, click on ‘Calendar’ and enter your login info to activate it. Start your CompanionLink, enter your info and click ‘Synchronize’. Your contacts and the calendar will be uploaded to your Google account. If you still have your Google calendar open - hit refresh. In your phone go to ‘Settings’, ‘email & accounts’, choose ‘Google’, setup download frequency, choose ‘Content to sync’ by placing check marks where appropriate, insert your user name and password for the Google account, check ‘Server requires SSL connection, and make sure you accept all the changes by touching the check mark on the bottom of the screen. The final step! Go back to the ‘email & accounts’ under the ‘Settings’ choose ‘Google’ place your finger over ‘Google’ and hold it there until the menu drops down; choose ‘Sync’. You are done!