Our own CHome Configurator thread

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by kareljack, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Question..... it seems that installing the weather app changed my fonts.
    Is it possible to increase the font sizes on the panels??
    Even the font in Opera seems different but I can deal with that.

Thanks.
  2. RedScare

RedScare New Member

A question for you smart folks:

I have an old-school plugin (it's a Blackberry Connect monitoring widget) that I really need to show on the main page, but I don't see any way to display it in 6.1. Is there a way to do this?
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

there is a hidden file in windows. I think it was called CHome.cpr. the font can be changed there.
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

best you can do is have a short cut to it, if there is one.
  5. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Yeah... just add a page with the widget to an existing or new panel.
  6. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

Ok, the CMyPhotos plugin is driving me nuts. From what I can find out, is that there is no way to give it a new location... from a developer blog, someone else asked that very question and was told that it is hard coded to scan \DCIM\ and \Pictures (not sure if it's My Pictures or what, but it won't even pull from there for me). I have now done a master reset and no change. I Have re-flashed and no change. I have tried pictures in different resolutions and qualities and various locations on the phone and SD... no go... I have no idea.

I've tried making a new panel, but the panel is static and you have to add pictures manually to it everytime theres a new picture you want to show up... thats going to become a huge pain very quickly.
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I beleave it is only DCIM
  8. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

9. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Yea its a plugin and you don't and can't mess with it.
  10. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

I know I can't edit/modify the plugin.. thats not my issue at this point. I am only trying to figure out why it isn't doing what it is supposed to be doing.
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Try putting some pics in the DCMI folder
  12. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

Already have photos in DCIM. First boot, right after flash, the CMyPhotos plugin did pull and list all of my photos from that directory on my SD card. After another reboot however, it has shown "No Photos" ever since... but all the photos that were there before, are still there.

I'm going to pull everything off the card and format it, see if that does anything.

EDIT: HA! that worked!

After the second flash, shouldn't have been any reason the photo plugin wouldn't have worked... it worked the first time. FAT on the SD must have gotten a bit mucked up... format fixed it, working now!
  13. chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe New Member

I have installed CHomeConfigurator program and I get an error every time it launches. It says:

"Error while loading from the registry InvalidOperationException"

I get this error twice and then the program opens and seems to work OK.

Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts?

Thanks
    cj
  14. Jedi777

Jedi777 New Member

Ya I get those errors, and I think a lot of people do. I just ignore them, everything works fine and I can still edit my home screen :smile:
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

do beleave that means your phone is not unlocked. do your settings survive a powere cycle?
  16. Jedi777

Jedi777 New Member

Yes they do. Is there anything I can do to unlock the phone? (and are there any other benefits to having it unlocked..?)
  17. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

there are threads about unlocking phones. if you started changing the icons, they don't always stay after a power cycle. sometime customized panels don't either.
  18. chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe New Member

I thought that same thing. My settings do survive a power cycle though if it is a forced reset by a program they do not. (this was reported in another thread).

I am pretty sure that my phone is unlocked. I have used every unlock utility that I can find and I still get these errors. I have used the AEconfig utlitiy from here, the appunlock utli that is needed for the BJII, the sdaunlock.exe, the secpolocies file and the Microsoft Device Security Power tools. I will look around to see if there is something that I am missing but it seems that there is something else happening here.

I have also noticed that I cannot edit the pages in the custom panel that ATT put on the phone. It is their launcher with things like IM and ATT mall. i was just going ot edit the pages of this panel to make a launcher panel but it does not seem to work.
  19. chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe New Member

I have just realized that when I load CHomeconfig for the first time it is not reading what panels I have on my home screen. If I make changes to the home screen then they are set and saved. They are remembered and everything seems ok. But the first time that I load it it shows differennt panels that are actually on my screen.

I know because I just installed the weather plugin and it is working and dispalying on my screen but not showing on the CHomeConfig list...

I believe that this is related to error I get. The program is obviously not reading the rgistry properly...
  20. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

The weather plugins are CtestUi plugin and CcustomPlugin.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.