Other Emulators for the Q

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Ztr5, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Ztr5

Ztr5 New Member

Other Emulators for the Q

Hey guys,
    Given all the hype I had to download PocketNESter and it was quite fun. However when I tried to download and install SNES and GameBoy emulators I had a little more trouble with finding a working program. Has anyone had any success with any emulators besides NES? Thanks.
  2. TMorgan

TMorgan New Member

I have these emulators running (and playing games) on my Q: Start with these options and experiment from there: general setup for display & sound.

PicoDrive 0.051 (Sega Genesis/MegaDrive) .
    Requires some tweaking for some roms.
    Display setup: landscape left, keep backlight on, FPS limit 50fps, Fast Render(less accurate). A few games can to go 60fps without issues, some need the fast render disabled. etc...

Sound Setup: OFF or Enable Sound , Sample Rate : 22050, Enable Z80. A few games need the Z80 disabled or they will crash or stutter.. Some games the Sound sample rate needs to be set differently for sound to work at all or for less noise.

KeySetup: Rotate the direction: Up: 0x27, Down 0x25, Left 0x26, Right 0x28

PocketSNES 1.52
    Display Setup: landscape left, keep backlight on, Frame skip 10.

Sound Setup: OFF or Sound Emualtion, Sync Sound, 8 bit, low sample rate.

KeySetup: Rotate the direction: Up: 0x27, Down 0x25, Left 0x26, Right 0x28

smartnes 1.2
    Display Setup: Portait Normal
    Sound enabled

gnuboy SP 1.0.3-0.5 (Game boy/Game boy color)

SmartVCS 0.1 (Atari 2600) Will load and run one rom, on the next rom it crashes.
  3. chickenfiest

chickenfiest New Member

gameboy

hey could you give me the link to get the gameboy emulator, ive just downloaded about 20 of them and they all dont work, thanx,
    any news on the N64 emulator?
  4. Suture

Suture New Member

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't the Q choke trying to emulate the N64?
  5. TMorgan

TMorgan New Member

Gameboy emulator for Windows SP... This one has some sound issues.
    I have not looked for a later version.

Download from:
    http://www.surrealservices.co.uk/

N64 emulator?
    I am with Suture on this... I do not believe the Q has enough cpu & ram to do that.

I strongly suggest that you place any game emulator and roms on an SD card to keep as much free space on the Q. If there isn't enough free space, the emulator could run slower than normal or crash.
  6. qwho

qwho New Member

How bout a port of the ti-83plus graphing calculator emulator that exists for the pocket pc?
  7. Captainfrufru

Captainfrufru New Member

Am I the only one having problems with the gameboy emulator. It says it is corrupt or something. Are there any others that work? I''d really like to be able to play pokemon :laugh2:
  8. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

9. The_EliteOne

The_EliteOne New Member

Hey all I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of reviews of the emulators. It's a given I'm going to be addining in the SNES, but I was wondering how it runs on the Q, if theres slowdown, and how the functionality is using windows mobile.

I read that the first few smartphones the emulators were developed for ran excedingly slow, and I was wondering if that is still true.
  10. Tmoney

Tmoney New Member

Shortcuts

How do I make a shortcut for PicoDrive and PocketNESter in my start menu? I would like to be able to access from my start menu instead of loading from my documents.

Please help...

:frown:
  11. evilmrt

evilmrt New Member

Hey there, I'm running PocketSnes 1.52 on my Q and there really isn't any slowdown at all, or at least none that I've noticed. I'm an RPG freak, so thats mostly what I've been playing. There are some graphical issues in the "travelling" view in Final Fantasy 5 though..but manageable. Overall, its a great emulator.
  12. Cdat24

Cdat24 New Member

Quick Fix

Use Resco it is great. It will give you the option to send it to the start menu. also if you have Facsade you can have the option of putting it as one of your home screen Icons.
  13. kthnxbiatch

kthnxbiatch New Member

How do I download Pocket SNES and the gameboy one?

I am having a lot of difficulties. How do I do this. The instructions on the site http://www.surrealservices.dsl.pipex.com/index.html is not helping me. I am very confused and feel very stupid. Can anyone provide me with easier instuctions?
  14. Masterphene

Masterphene New Member

Save Game

Anyone else besides me having problems with saved games on gnuboy? There is an option for it and it does create the .sav files in the folder but inside the emulator it does not recognise the file nor does it show it inside the game. Any ideas? Playing games from the begining every time your Q reboots itself isnt the most fun thing ever
  15. oddllama

oddllama New Member

i use pocketnes and snes. the only problems i've have is that snes doesn't run mario rpg and the transparency has to be enabled and disabled multiple times on some games. oh, and no sound...