Original Q - Yahoo IMAP suddenly d/l all emails - phone is now horribly slow

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by jallison12, Jan 26, 2010.

1. jallison12

jallison12 New Member

Original Q - Yahoo IMAP suddenly d/l all emails - phone is now horribly slow

Not sure what changed, but suddenly my IMAP is showing over 2k emails. I *think* it used to be just limited to the latest 50 emails.

If I go into Start/Messaging I do not have a soft key-2 "Menu" button. I only have a soft key-1 "Select" button. I should have a "Menu" button, shouldn't I?

I either want to modify my current account setup to make sure the limit is 50 emails. Or, delete my current Yahoo IMAP and then I can set it up again. But without the "Menu" option I am not sure how I can do this?

Thanks for the help,
    jim
  2. jallison12

jallison12 New Member

Progress...of sorts

Still not sure of the underlying issue. But...

Currently my Yahoo IMAP is getting stuck in "Receiving headers". When in this state, the "Options" under "Menu" is greyed out, which is where I can modify / add/ delete accounts. Even though I stop the send/receive because the response is so slow, I guess even though it looks like it stopped, it hasn't really so "Options" remains greyed out.

Anyway, I was able to get "Options" eventually, and modified my existing Yahoo IMAP to just 'last 3 days' and am refreshing now. If that doesn't work, I will delete and add the email account again.
  3. jallison12

jallison12 New Member

Just to wrap up, should anyone find this in the future.

I eventually deleted my yahoo email setup. That seemed to get rid of the thousands of emails. I then setup my email again and downloaded just "todays" emails. Seems all good now.