Ordering a Focus from Amazon Wireless, SD Card not included.

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by ninjaap, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Amazon follows AT&T rules. You can keep the same number. The important part to note is if your account is eligible for an upgrade, meaning you have completed your previous 2 year contract. There is a button to check for "upgrade eligibility" on the Samsung Focus page on Amazon. Once you have verified eligibility, just select "service type" and it will take you through a series of pages allowing you to choose from the available services (voice, messaging, data plans, etc.). Once completed you will receive a confirmation email. When you get the phone, you need to call AT&T to activate your new SIM card. Verify with the AT&T rep that they have added the correct services to your account. Boom your done.
  2. LifeAquatic

LifeAquatic New Member

Thanks - my focus arrives tomorrow. Hopefully it will be an easy swap and I can "focus" on the phone itself. Heard lots of great things about this phone, hope it's all true.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

"Focus" on the phone... funny... you get a golf clap for that... :)
  4. LifeAquatic

LifeAquatic New Member

lol, just a single clap? come on... I just got the phone! Haven't played with it as much yet but screen it gorgeous.. ninjaap is right about the amazon customer service - very helpful. The AT&T customer service guy was good too and very patient as I had to swap numbers between two phones and test both of their connections. Maybe I just lucked out today... Okay now I need to go and do some more "focusing" :D
    mem30075 likes this.