OperaMini on Q9M with WM6 OS.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by phazelag, Oct 26, 2007.

1. phazelag

phazelag New Member

OperaMini on Q9M with WM6 OS.

I just used the directions on this site to install the emulator and operamini on the Q to intall them on my Q9M. It opens but had a connect error. There was a lot of buzzing which I guess is normal. But it wont connect ? Anybody done this with success?

I would love to find a step by step link. I used to be pretty techy and can follow directions, but the directions for the Q were all over the place and took quite a while to put it all together.

thanks

Z

Update. I installed the beta 4 version and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. But so far its not magical? well see and dont hit the back button!
  2. phazelag

phazelag New Member

OK,

I got it working. I found a more upate version of the IBM WEME JVM. I did a web search and found they use it for GPS applications too. When I installed that it got rid of the vibrations. And then I had to remove the opera build index file before it would reinstall correctly.

Works pretty good. I need some time to see if I it is as good as I hope.
  3. saneheat

saneheat New Member

works for me. 30 days is lame and opera has always been free for pcs.
  4. phazelag

phazelag New Member

opera mobile is 30 days, but mini is free as far as I know?
  5. jasoraso

jasoraso Member

I couldn't get the IBM jvm to work very well either (lots of vibrating etc). Do a search for Esmertec Jbed MIDP 2.0 released by a guy named Cloudy. Works very well, with mini working in full screen too.

As far as the Back button, it is the right soft-screen button (not the normal back button).
  6. cputrdoc

cputrdoc New Member

I have looked high, low, and under the seat cushions for Cloudy's release of the Esmertec JBed release so that I could try out Opera Mini. All I can find are reviews affirming that Esmertec's JBed is what has worked best for most Opera Mini users. (and some Handango links to the Esmertec JBed release for older and Hpaq phones). Somebody have a link?
  7. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=1483665&postcount=24

You may have to register (should be free) in order to download.
  8. crack1974

crack1974 New Member

can anyone tell me how to install jbed? I downloaded it but I don't know what to do now.
  9. cputrdoc

cputrdoc New Member

Use ActiveSync to transfer the .cab file to your device, then execute the .cab using the File Manager app.
  10. freeone

freeone New Member

Me too. I have activesync opened but nothing is transfering. Urgh.....:angry:
  11. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

You have to drag and drop the .cab file from wherever you saved it on your PC to your Q. Active Sync won't do that automatically.
  12. freeone

freeone New Member

Do you open up the Explore folder in the ActiveSync window that's on your desktop and drop it in there?
  13. freeone

freeone New Member

Thanks. Got it.
  14. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan New Member

Help with Opera Mini 4

I try to download Opera Mini 4 directly to my phone from selecting my phone type (for which i select Q because there is no option for Q 9m) and it tells me to visit mini.opera.com from my phone and download. When i try this my phone states: the file can not be viewed on this device. Anyone have Opera mini 4?
  15. coop5571

coop5571 New Member

You may want to read this thread to get the whole jist of how Opera Mini works:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/so...-the-new-full-screen-midlet-thingy-12783.html

First you'll have to download another program called Jbed or something, this is the application that acutally runs Opera Mini.