Opera mobile hacks?

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by brittoking, Mar 18, 2008.

1. brittoking

brittoking New Member

Opera mobile hacks?

Are there any hacks out there for opera mobile? For speed or the cache? Anything like the ones for PIE? I know Ive seen the thread on here somewhere, but couldnt find it using "search", So im posting again (Please dont be mad Site Admin.'s and Mod's! LOL! If you can find the thread can you just "move" mine there?
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

for speed, may try the "set open DNS hack". Some say it helps alot with PIE, not sure about Opera though.

increasing the Q cache size does help overall speed. Then ther's the cpu speed hack if your adventorus :)
  3. Eccentricity

Eccentricity New Member

The DNS hack helps regardless of which browser you are using. DNS is handled by the operating system so that hack is applicable not only to your browser(s) but to any applications that require internet access. Oddly, I get the same speed test results on my normal DNS servers as with the ones the hack points to so I don't bother using it.

I am curious if anyone knows where the Opera cache, cookies and history settings are stored in the registery? I looked but couldn't find them. I'd like to point them toward the folders that I have PIE using on my storage card.
  4. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Not sure of the registry settings, but I have it installed on my storage card already and it created an Application Data directory on my storage card where it keeps the cache and history and everything.
  5. Eccentricity

Eccentricity New Member

I must be braindead today. I have it installed on the storage card too so it's already good to go. I think I need some sleep. 72 hours awake doesn't promote rational thinking. Thanks.
  6. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Haha, no problem. I know how that goes.
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

ditto on the sleep or lack there of...been there, not a good time to make decisionsn, attempt rationality, or play with Q at least for me its a really bad idea lol
  8. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Hehe, I can't remember when I've not had a lack of sleep. I've been getting 3 hours of sleep since somewhere back in the middle of high school probably.
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

Sounds like you need to hibertant for cryin out loud.
    lol\
  10. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Nah, I hate wasting my life away sleeping. Want to reduce that 1/3 of an average person's life to like 1/10 or something, though I'll never get down to that little.
    As much as I hate sleeping, I hate waking up even more. lol
    PotQ
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

part of life is sleep...its resorative...even sorts and dumps stress from the previous day...its perty darn important lol
  12. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

I don't mind sleeping at all, when I'm not alone in bed that is... :laugh2:

Actually, I spend a lot of time in bed, usually lay in bed on my laptop. It's what I'm doing right now actually. *lol*
  13. cheri

cheri Active Member

"on" your laptop lol ok...is its it rubberized and heavyduty lol

im on my mom's laptop does that qualify as kinky lol
    she doesnt know how to use it so i borrowed it for play lol
  14. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

*ROFL* Funny thing is, I just caught myself on another post saying on my laptop and changed it to with my laptop or some such thing figuring that someone was going to say something like that. *lol*
  15. cheri

cheri Active Member

lol look who you are dealing with... i like tuggin on peoples freudian slips
  16. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

I wouldn't call that a slip, more just improper English. Most people around here would say on and wouldn't think to say with. As they type on the keyboard, so they must be on the computer or something. Only reason I changed it in the other thread was because I knew someone would say something about it. I just tend not to think about it. Though my English and grammar are better than most people around here, I still succumb to a lot of the dialect. And spelling mistakes abound, except Firefox does a nice job of telling me I'm mis-spelling stuff, which I usually try and correct, except when feeling lazy, which of course is most of the time.
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

ok what u said....perhaps I forgot the lol or jk
    being that I am ON a laptop at the moment myself....i kinda get it. dont mind my silliness.
  18. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

*lol* Apparently, I forgot my lol and j/k as well. Try to never take anything I say serious, even when I am serious. *lol*
  19. cheri

cheri Active Member

if i had taken that serious it would be only lack of sleep..that hasnt been to bad lately.
  20. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Hehe, just wanted to make sure. I really don't like upsetting people and usually go out of my way to cheer people up.