Opera Mobile 9 (8.65 beta 2) browser...

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by extremum, Jun 2, 2007.

1. extremum

extremum New Member

Chances are, all the bugs are fixed in the official release, which we're entitled pay for - screw that. IN the meantime, I'm swinging back to IE.
  2. fusion1

fusion1 Member

What I am saying is the trial version is unuseable. So by buying the final release you're taking a gamble it will work as it should without locking up like it does on any page that needs to load a large amount of links like ebay. And who is to say it won't still have issues then. Good luck getting back the $25 if it still has problems, as they would say you should have tried the trial version before paying, but if it doesn't work as a beta who's going to want to pony up the cash for the unknown? Not me amigo...

Bottom line, Opera is better than this and I know it since I use their browser on all my computers. This is my first smartphone and I figured by having waited this long for a smartphone all the issues that were present when they were new would have been ironed out by now. If the PC version (even in beta form) would have been buggy like this, I would have never had the opersistence or patience to keep using it until they fixed the issues. My first experience was 8.6 and it was stable. ALso use 9.02, 9.10 and 9.20 all seem fine and have minor annoyances, but still useable.
  3. BigOrange

BigOrange New Member

What you are saying makes absolutely no sense at all, you do realize that?

FACT 1: The software is in BETA testing.
    FACT 2: The software is 100 percent free until October.
    FACT 3: Four months is a long time to work out bugs.

Summary: The software works fine on my Q, so report your bugs, and what other software/hacks you have running if you want to help.
  4. discord

discord New Member

Out of curiousity would you try googling cafe racer seattle and then goto the website and let me know if it crashes your browser or not?

5. itsernst

itsernst New Member

Has anyone tried out Minimo (Mozilla's Smartphone Browser), I know this thread is for Opera, but i was just curious.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

for real ? in that i shall retract my previous comment :}
  7. fusion1

fusion1 Member

Discord can you try viewing www.ebay.com and searching a list with the viewing set to 100 items per page. Let me know if it crashes. Maybe it's a bug I guess I will report it to Opera.

EDIT: I can't even sign in to Ebay now without locking up. Ebay's message of upgrading the browser is not very comforting either.
  8. fusion1

fusion1 Member

Discord I was able to get that cafe racer seattle site to load. Not much content on there, so I'm not surprised that would work.
  9. extremum

extremum New Member

Yes! :angry:
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

like i said, in that case i will retract my comment....
  11. a.irish.griffin

a.irish.griffin New Member

Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I have it and its sweet. It freezes every now and then but if I don't press the buttons to fast, exspecially in the menues screen it doesn't have problems.

Apperance
    Organization Tools
    Web Page compadability

All far exceed PIE

I hope the Opera team keeps up the good work. :2cool:
  12. scottjb

scottjb New Member

While I can appreciate the advantages of an application like Opera Mobile, I can't imagine calling it sweet if it locks up my device. I've removed it from my phone.
  13. Justinxpx109

Justinxpx109 New Member

I love opera but it freezes too often. I'll definitely get it again when Opera releases a new stable version.
  14. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

I did the same, and Minimo also froze and caused lag. Remarkably, PIE is the clearcut favorite.....STILL!
  15. extremum

extremum New Member

Yes, Minimo is worse than Opera, in terms of lockup. It even restarts my phone, spontaneously - most annoying! :angry:

As it stands, IE still gets love.
  16. ksaim

ksaim New Member

17. sguti

sguti New Member

Hi guys, the opera lock up problem has been solved. All you have to do is change "Set File Writer Thread Priority=1" to "Set File Writer Thread Priority=0" in the opera.ini file.

I was having a large amount of lockups before this, but now I can finally browse in peace! I haven't had one lock up since changing this value.

:laugh2:
  18. Given2Fly

Given2Fly New Member

Tried this earlier and have been doing lots of browsing, and so far, no lockups (knock on wood)
  19. Slolude

Slolude New Member

How do you access the opera.ini file? I have located the file but cannot open it to change the setting to "0".

20. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I just copied it to my PC, edited in notepad and copied it back.

Fred