Opera Mobile 10

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by blackmeto, Nov 18, 2009.

1. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Opera Mobile 10

[​IMG]

its just like my desktop version with speed dial and everything!!

it even has the visual tabs for ur open pages!!
    http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/

apparently the same download is for smartphones and pda's, touch and non touch

now i will tell you a little more of my secrets since i am ecstatic about its release

First of all i ALWAYS install browsers to my sd card or my storage but NEVER to my device's main memory

in opera's browser clear out the address bar and then go to opera:config
    thats all no http: or anything just plain opera:config

in the cache menu go to SVG cache size
    change 5120 to 105120
    press save

in disk cache change size from 5000 to 105000
    press save

in performance change max connection server from 4 to 14
    change max connections total from 4 to 14
    change network buffer size from 32 to 132
    press save

in user prefs
    check smooth scrolling
    check turbo mode (for faster picture loading) not the "other" turbo mode

in older versions i would also increase max number of tabs to 9, but i dont see that option in this version
    maybe i dont need it anymore

I must give credit to fixup from ppcgeeks for this find
    at the bottom i have uploaded a url filter which blocks known ads from various websites resulting in pages loading even faster

direct quote:
    "OK, this is the most effective way to speed/clean up Opera Mobile - get rid of all Ads:

Close Opera Mobile and soft reset. Download the attached urlfilter.zip and put the urlfilter.ini to the Opera folder. In my case, it is:

\Windows\Opera9

Now start Opera and be amazed how clean and how fast it is!

You should put this ini file to your desktop Opera 10 folder as well, usually in:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Opera\Opera

When you use your desktop Opera, whenever you see a new Ad, you can easily block it with the "Block content" feature. Then you can copy this file back to your Opera Mobile to get rid of these new Ads from your phone as well.

You can find updated blocking list here:

http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/ad-block "

Attached Files:

2. manbat

manbat Active Member

I have it up and running on the Saga....seems to be working well. If the "phone" part and ringer/sound volume was louder I could like this phone. lol
  3. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

It looks pretty nice so far but there are a few things I'm still trying to get used to.

Fast dial is a nice idea, I use the firefox add on on my laptop, but I'm finding it a little awkward to use. I can't get any thumbnails to load, I don't know how to get back to it, and I think I'd like to change my homepage to igoogle instead of fast dial but I can't figure out how.
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone else's fast dial look like this?
  4. jerryrp

jerryrp New Member

Run on Q9C?

I installed this on my Q9C running win mobile 6.1 and it installed fine but I'm stuck at the accept terms acknowledgment. It seems that the mouse cursor does not move down far enough on the screen to click on accept. Would there be a keyboard shortcut for this.

Thanks
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

Soft Keys are not active....yet

Soft Keys are not active....yet. I used My Mobiler to accept while synced with my computer. This allowed me to go to the Opera Home Screen. The D-pad works but no Soft Key function is supported on the Q9's yet. Also the PPC keyboard pops up when you attempt to type. Even though it state that non_touchscreens are supported....Q9's are not.:016:upset
  6. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

manbat did u try both of the links that were on this page?
    http://pocketnow.com/wiki/Fake_Cursor

i noticed u said sphelper but fakecursor is a separate app on that page

also jerry if u are not running rightmenu try those 2 apps and lemme know what happens
  7. manbat

manbat Active Member

No...Already had SPHelper

No...Already had SPHelper. Trying it now.
  8. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

cbs ive noticed the issue with the speed dial images too so far ive only gotten 4 out of 6 to load and this site was one of the ones that wouldnt load

something about a javascript failing or something, ill be able to help u troubleshoot more once i regain access to my sdcard.

(switched it to mass storage to transfer some igo content im testing)

but to get back to it push the 2 squares next to ur wrench and either press the plus mark to open a new tab which defaults to ur speed dial page or press the x on the current tab to close it and go back to speed dial
  9. manbat

manbat Active Member

Fake Cursor does alllow its use...

Fake Cursor does allow its use...little slow but it will work on the Q9's with Fake Cursor.
  10. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Cool thanks again manbat at least there is a temporary fix for now

hmmm..........i wonder if there's anything better for u guys ......im gonna look while im waiting
  11. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Once again, Q users have been left out of the fun.
  12. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

no u should be able to use it too kareljack
  13. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I wish I could, but the non functioning softkeys really decreases the functionality. I also don't feel like installing another app just to be able to use the soft keys. Functionality should have been there to begin with.

Opera Mobile 10 FAIL.
  14. manbat

manbat Active Member

I uninstalled it...would not release from being the default browser...it shows potential. I'll use mini 5 until they get it Q9 friendly.
  15. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

yeah well i can understand that then

i just opened it again and the snapshots that failed earlier cbs have loaded now, without me trying them again
  16. manbat

manbat Active Member

It does work great on the Saga though!
  17. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

Pros so far:
    -Websites look great
    -Scrolling/panning is smooth
    -I like the bookmark managing
    -Tabs manager is fantastic!

Cons so far:
    -I really hate the red info bar at the top its ugly, useless, and covers up the clock, start menu, and messaging info.Its really annoying that if I get a text then I have to close opera in order to read it and if I want the time I have to either close or bring up S2U2.
    No option to minimize. I loved this on previous opera mobiles.
    I don't really like the new taskbarl. With the new tab manager I can do without a homepage button but I think there should be a bookmarks button and I hate how its always on top. I really liked the little clear tab that pulled up the taskbar in 9.7.
    -If I can eventually get all the thumbnails to load (3/9 now) then the fast dial is ok, but I think I'd rather just be able to set my homepage to something like igoogle and use bookmarks for the links that I would have had in fastdial.
    -Also I don't like that the address bar is always on top and at the top of the page but I've found a little trick. If you are all the way at the bottom of some long page and want to type in an address just click the ugly ass red bar at the top.
  18. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

the address bar actually auto hides and u can bring it back out by tapping the red bar....................like i think u said

i have the shortpress of my camera button set to open my task manager which gives me access to the start menu and the windows top bar in a piece of a click
  19. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

Just set mine to fullscreen mode and I love it. This is my default browser now. I still wish I could set my own homepage and wish there was a dedicated favorites button in the taskbar but I think this is the most functional and practical browser I've used yet.
  20. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

thanks for the tip about fullscreen mode cbs, that makes it perfect for me!!!!!!!

as far as the homepage i think thats the way its meant to be because that is how it is on the desktop but u can always just add ur favorite homepage to the speed dial as well as any other sites u like. All of my speed dial snapshots have loaded now

as far as a favorites button maybe they will add one in in a later release but as for im perfectly fine with just opening another tab and choosing one of my favs from the speed dial

the favorited button will only take the current page to the fav, but the speed dial allows u to keep ur current page and go to the fav in another tab in case u need to copy/paste...................................well copy/paste would work either way:dft012:wink